Sandblasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandblasting

Where can I go in the Garland/Rockwall area to have a bunch of brackets and hinges and what-not sandblasted for my current project?

Thanks
    G'Day Mate

What is the biggest part that you have?

Comment

Years ago when I lived in Richardson I had my S-10 bumper sandblasted by a place that makes gravestones in Garland. You might check into that. No idea of the name of the company though.

Comment

I am in Garland and can do it. I have a powder coating shop with a huge blaster

ideal-coatings.com

469 363 6555

Comment

If you want to paint the parts after blasting without having to sand them make sure there done with something like fine aluminum. A lot of places will blast them and leave the surface to rough to level with just paint(they need primer and sanding).

Comment

Originally posted by ideal-coatings View Post
            I am in Garland and can do it. I have a powder coating shop with a huge blaster

ideal-coatings.com

469 363 6555
            You do sodablasting also?
            2 Chronicles 7:14
            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

You do sodablasting also?
              No just regular blasting using aluminum oxide.

Comment

I've got brake pedal mounting brackets, hood latch, stuff like that. Maybe a dozen parts. I don't want to have to wire brush them all, there are some intricate areas that need to be blasted to be done correctly.

Ideal...you open on the weekends to take a look at a few things?
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Yes usually around working both days on the weekend. Feel free to give me a hollar and I can take a look at it for you.

Comment

Cool. Gimme a week or two to get everything broken down and catalogued and I'll holler at you.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

I have a decent little blaster at my house in Sachse. Just bring your media and you can have at it. I used play sand from homedepot, it's redneck, but it works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        I have a decent little blaster at my house in Sachse. Just bring your media and you can have at it. I used play sand from homedepot, it's redneck, but it works perfectly.
                        It's also deadly. Seriously, spend the cash on some decent media. Just my 2¢.
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          It's also deadly. Seriously, spend the cash on some decent media. Just my 2¢.
                          WHOA!! Thats the first I have ever heard of play sand being deadly. How is it more deadly than anything else? I have heard of alot of people over the years using regular sand so Im just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                            WHOA!! Thats the first I have ever heard of play sand being deadly. How is it more deadly than anything else? I have heard of alot of people over the years using regular sand so Im just curious.
                            I'm sure he's referring to the cheap play sand that has silica/quartz in it. The dust is known to cause cancer if you breath it, but surely doing sand blasting you'd wear a mask. I think it's fine.
                            DamonH

Comment

Silicosis is caused by exposure to respirable crystalline silica dust. Crystalline silica is a basic component of soil, sand, granite, and most other types of rock, and it is used as an abrasive blasting agent. Silicosis is a progressive, disabling, and often fatal lung disease. Cigarette smoking adds to the lung damage caused by silica.

Effects of Silicosis
                              Lung cancer – Silica has been classified as a human lung carcinogen.
                              Bronchitis/Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.
                              Tuberculosis – Silicosis makes an individual more susceptible to TB.
                              Scleroderma – a disease affecting skin, blood vessels, joints and skeletal muscles.
                              Possible renal disease.
                              Symptoms of Silicosis
                              Shortness of breath; possible fever.
                              Fatigue; loss of appetite.
                              Chest pain; dry, nonproductive cough.
                              Respiratory failure, which may eventually lead to death.
                              Sources of Exposure
                              Sandblasting for surface preparation.
                              Crushing and drilling rock and concrete.
                              Masonry and concrete work (e.g., building and road construction and repair).
                              Mining/tunneling; demolition work.
                              Cement and asphalt pavement manufacturing.
                              Preventing Silicosis
                              Use all available engineering controls such as blasting cabinets and local exhaust ventilation. Avoid using compressed air for cleaning surfaces.
                              Use water sprays, wet methods for cutting, chipping, drilling, sawing, grinding, etc.
                              Substitute non-crystalline silica blasting material.
                              Use respirators approved for protection against silica; if sandblasting, use abrasive blasting respirators.
                              Do not eat, drink or smoke near crystalline silica dust.
                              Wash hands and face before eating, drinking or smoking away from exposure area.

Comment

Working...
                              X