Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.6 dohc cobra wiring harness questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.6 dohc cobra wiring harness questions...

What sensors can I and can I not run on a racing only application?! in other words what can i do away with in a non street application? i have a 98 cobra motor that ive completely rebuilt, forged internals, ported and polished heads, upper and lower intake, d1sc procharger, full msd setup, exc...
    ./ ____ _ _\.
    (]]]_ o _[[[)
    \o_FORD_o/
    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

If you're going race only, no a\c or power steering, then of course anything that ties into it. As far as the motor goes, The EGR valve, egr tube, dpfe sensor (it connects to the 2 rubber hoses coming off the egr tube), egr vacuum solenoid, purge solenoid(it has a vacuum line on each side of it and is located by the accumulator for the a/c), any of the smog equip if it had it. Those are about the only legit things I know of. You need the basics like tps, crank and cam sensor, should have knock sensors under the intake if it's a factory setup, Front o2 sensors, and mass for basic engine operation.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      If you're going race only, no a\c or power steering, then of course anything that ties into it. As far as the motor goes, The EGR valve, egr tube, dpfe sensor (it connects to the 2 rubber hoses coming off the egr tube), egr vacuum solenoid, purge solenoid(it has a vacuum line on each side of it and is located by the accumulator for the a/c), any of the smog equip if it had it. Those are about the only legit things I know of. You need the basics like tps, crank and cam sensor, should have knock sensors under the intake if it's a factory setup, Front o2 sensors, and mass for basic engine operation.
      Keep the knock sensors then right..... I also have imrc deletes, I guess when looking at the harness im trying to figure out what i can tuck into the tubing and mask off with electrical tape. i dont want to cut anything without being sure is all... thanks for the input.
      ./ ____ _ _\.
      (]]]_ o _[[[)
      \o_FORD_o/
      |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

and yes it has ac delete/ no pwr steering, and so on.
        ./ ____ _ _\.
        (]]]_ o _[[[)
        \o_FORD_o/
        |__|.....|__|

Comment

You can delete the knock sensors they are worthless in a 96 cobra and almost every good tuner turns them off.

Comment

Thanks for the input!
            ./ ____ _ _\.
            (]]]_ o _[[[)
            \o_FORD_o/
            |__|.....|__|

Comment

Working...
            X