Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ignition wire do you run and what ohm are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
    Ummm...in short no.

Less resistance isn't always a good thing. Spark travels to the path of least resistance. Oem manufacturers make high resistance wires to reduce missfires from cross arching. The idea behind low resistance wires is it can allow more of the spark energy to get to the plug but a lot of these company's will put a copper braid arund the outside of the conductor in the center when measured with an ohm meter it shows low resistance but when spark travels through it a whole different thing happens. It can't pass all that energy through the thin copper and ends up going through the center carbon conductor much like an oem wire. A lot. Of it is a gimick(sp) just like splitfire plugs or e3, pulstar or anyone of them. Only wires that are true low resistance are solid core wires. Solid copper core. But don't run efi, radio, etc because they have high amounts of emf.
    That sounds like there really aren't many better wires than stock. Which ones are solid copper core? They typical MSD or Jacobs electronics? So many to choose from...

Comment

Ok, after many reorders due to wrong connectors, I finally have my wires. (2 months later)

I took a reading on my longest wire which was approx 50-51" long (#2) on my current wires and the ohm reading is at 632.00

They reading from the Granatelli wire, same length is at .7 ohms. That people is some badass conductivity.

Comment

I've ran Ford Racing wires for years without issue. It sucks now that they are build to fit instead of ready to install out of the box.

Comment

I use Taylors. I cant tell you what size/model wires from them I use though. I have no idea what the resistance is.

Comment

Working...
          X