Quarter window motor in 91 vert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter window motor in 91 vert?

The passenger rear quarter window on my 91 Vert has stopped working. I pulled out the seats and got off the interior panel, but I still can't see the window motor because of some other panels underneath it. Does anybody have any experience with replacing these window motors? Is there somewhere online where I can find a breakdown of what to remove to do this?
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

I think his handle on here is Jim D, or something like that, seems I have seen him offering up a lot of Alldata info lately. Maybe he'll see this and be able to email you a pdf file, etc, of the parts breakdown. I will be doing this here in the next month or 2, or at least before spring gets here.

Comment

Quick google search...

Never mind...I removed front and back motors and found that yes they are as long as you change out the back one.

If you still don't know how to access the window motor on the driver side of the Fox mustang convertible, just know that you need to remove the speaker and the three bolts holding the motor in, then just pull it out.

Comment

Used to be about a $15 rebuild kit. Inside those motors are three little plastic round things. They crack and break apart with age. The kit came with those three plastic pieces and a tube of lube. Clean out the plastic bits and old grease and put the new ones in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          Used to be about a $15 rebuild kit. Inside those motors are three little plastic round things. They crack and break apart with age. The kit came with those three plastic pieces and a tube of lube. Clean out the plastic bits and old grease and put the new ones in.
          Yep i got it out last night and thats exactly right those little bushings in there were shattered.

Thanks for the help guys.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
            Yep i got it out last night and thats exactly right those little bushings in there were shattered.

Thanks for the help guys.
            Just seen this or i'd get you a breakdown of it.
            Does the motor still turn? If so and the plastic is broke, screw those "replacement" bullshit kits, ive got a better fix, and you will think i'm batshit crazy.........clean it up(all broken plastic pieces) put 3 appropriate size ball bearings in it and pack with some grease. Never break again, ive done it on dozens of ford window motors and have never had a return.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
              Just seen this or i'd get you a breakdown of it.
              Does the motor still turn? If so and the plastic is broke, screw those "replacement" bullshit kits, ive got a better fix, and you will think i'm batshit crazy.........clean it up(all broken plastic pieces) put 3 appropriate size ball bearings in it and pack with some grease. Never break again, ive done it on dozens of ford window motors and have never had a return.
              The only concern I might have (and what Ford might have had), was the pressure on the glass or top when you put it up. I think someone told me years ago, that those would save the motor. I guess they thought something would need to "give".Those damn motors are high as giraffe ass.

Comment

Yeah i was going to just buy a motor but saw they were like 135.00 and decided to just replace the plastic bushings, lol. I got them on order so I should be good to go in a few days. It's been so nice I just leave the top down and cruise it that way but it's been a little too cold here lately so it needed to be fixed.

Comment

Yeah i was going to just buy a motor but saw they were like 135.00 and decided to just replace the plastic bushings, lol. I got them on order so I should be good to go in a few days. It's been so nice I just leave the top down and cruise it that way but it's been a little too cold here lately so it needed to be fixed.
                  What did the kit's cost?

Comment

Chambers found one for 4.99 at late model resto, but I paid 6.99 per side from DM since they are closer. Hoping to get them by this weekend.

Comment

Chambers found one for 4.99 at late model resto, but I paid 6.99 per side from DM since they are closer. Hoping to get them by this weekend.
                      That's cheaper than they were 10 years ago! I bought mine from Ford, so it figure's.

Comment

I'll stick with the ball bearings, can't beat the price.

Comment

If you are in a hurry, O'Reillys has them in the help section. I just did both of mine a few months ago and they are perfect. I think they were 9 bucks or around that, but no shipping

Comment

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
                            If you are in a hurry, O'Reillys has them in the help section. I just did both of mine a few months ago and they are perfect. I think they were 9 bucks or around that, but no shipping
                            That's good to know, I might pick up a set for the other side

Comment

Working...
                            X