turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
    Other than Brooks, did any of you read the link I posted?????

Jegs pulled the kit due to issues with Chad and the product.

Ebay has serious issues with Chad and the disputes regarding his product.

Corral has banned Chad repeatably.

Theturboforums.com has banned Chad and on3 as a person and an advertiser, due to him lying, getting caught red handed and being a general scumbag and not backing his sub-par product.

People have filed lawsuits against Chad and on3.

HOLY SHIT, just cause you made the mistake of purchasing that hunk of crap and you're are defending it cause you own one, doesn't mean you should sucker other suckers into making the same mistake.

/done rant.
    eggs zachary

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
      eggs zachary
      Edit---

Other than Brooks and 4EyedTurd.

Also, Blackpony, Don't you work at a reputable shop? Are you guys ready to stand behind this kit?

Bad business decision dude! I would be as far away from this kit and Chad as I could. Only headaches have and will come from this dude.
      Ded

Comment

Edit---

Other than Brooks and 4EyedTurd.

Also, Blackpony, Don't you work at a reputable shop? Are you guys ready to stand behind this kit?

Bad business decision dude! I would be as far away from this kit and Chad as I could. Only headaches have and will come from this dude.
        I think he was talking about the B&G kits.
        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
          I think he was talking about the B&G kits.
          If he was, I need to clarify, I doubt he is a b&g dealer though.

BRIAN HORNE @ b&g is the man, I've owned a few of his kit and they are awesome and his customer service is even better.
          Ded

Comment

Here are a few pics of the kit we have at the shop now. I am by no means saying that this is the end all kit, there are definately better kits available, but for the price and from what i am seeing, the quality, its really hard to beat. Reason I mention we are dealer for on3 is if someone were looking to purchase a kit, we might be able to save them a few bucks.

Comment

If he was, I need to clarify, I doubt he is a b&g dealer though.

BRIAN HORNE @ b&g is the man, I've owned a few of his kit and they are awesome and his customer service is even better.
              Ok I was wrong..
              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Look closely at those pictures (and ANY on3 kit) and you will see that the 'pretty' bead is a coverup weld. Meaning, it's welded one time REALLY fast and hot. Once that's done, they run a 'pretty pass' to make it look good - I suspect that this is their root cause as to why there's so many weld failires.

Also, ALL of their welds are pulsed. Presumably the only way they can 'hide' all the ugly parts.

Comment

The worst part is, the kit that blackpony posted pictures of isn't even the mild steel version. Chad decided to outsource a new kit (china btw) that was M/S. He did this because of all the advice he got on theturboforums, in regards to the crazy failures the stainless kits were having.

Recycled wok turbo kit made by a 9 year old, lol.

jk
                  Ded

Comment

[QUOTE=Blackpony;414437] I am by no means saying that this is the end all kit, there are definately better kits available, but for the price and from what i am seeing, the quality, its really hard to beat.

X2.
                    One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                      I suspect that this is their root cause as to why there's so many weld failires.

All what weld failures?

*waits for stories about cracked SS headers that aren't even produced anymore*
                      Last edited by Hmbre97; 09-23-2011, 12:19 AM.

Comment

The worst part is, the kit that blackpony posted pictures of isn't even the mild steel version. Chad decided to outsource a new kit (china btw) that was M/S. He did this because of all the advice he got on theturboforums, in regards to the crazy failures the stainless kits were having.

Recycled wok turbo kit made by a 9 year old, lol.

jk
                        The cruelty helps it build more power!

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                          All what weld failures?

*waits for stories about cracked SS headers that aren't even produced anymore*
                          I don't know what you are trying to say - but, the headers pictured above, have been in production for quite some time.

I have personally fixed 3 of those turbo kits. One was a fitment problem that the crossover was so far off, it wasn't even in the ball park of fitting. The next two were cracked.

If you read some of the links that vadertt has posted in the past, they were all over the place - cracks, fitment etc..

..but hey, it's a good kit, go get ya one and it might last ya a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X