No announcement yet.

Took a shot at these hid kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever you do, don't google Kelvin scales.

Everyone one of those bitches are differant.

Some say pure light is 5k, some 4k, some 4300k, 4500k and one even said 6k.

WTF it's a damn scale how are they all differtant?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Anybody get theirs in yet?

Comment

not yet, I'm waiting for them to arrive so I can order the ebay relay harness's.

Comment

both my kits made it in today, still have to get a couple relay harness's. My 2000 cummins will be first for the install since the motor is still at the machine shop for my mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by yale View Post
            just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do something.
            Originally posted by buffalohaltom View Post
            huh?
            lol!!
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Hopefully mine are waiting at home for me

Comment

mine got here today but they sent me the wrong one's

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                  Ok I'll just throw my 2 cents in.

These aftermarket kits are annoying as fuck. Seems like so many people are putting these on their trucks or car's and blinds the fuck out of me.

Had a truck earlier looked like the 12000k ones, bright as fuck and just plain fucking stupid, had them in the fog lights too.

If you can't afford a car that comes factory with HID's then don't mess with them. When you see a decent car that comes with them from the factory you will see they don't blind people yet still display a brilliant light.

sigh
                  Some expensive trucks dont come with HID's, but you can buy cars with HID's for cheaper than the truck. So thats a retarded statement. I like the HID's in cars that didnt come with them better than the cars that come with them from the factory. If you dont wanna get blinded then move over.

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
                    Some expensive trucks dont come with HID's, but you can buy cars with HID's for cheaper than the truck. So thats a retarded statement. I like the HID's in cars that didnt come with them better than the cars that come with them from the factory. If you dont wanna get blinded then move over.
                    lol. i agree. got mine today. cant wait to put them on tommorrow. looks like a decent kit

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                      When you see a decent car that comes with them from the factory you will see they don't blind people yet still display a brilliant light.
                      ^^^this

Comment

If you dont wanna get blinded then move over.
                        That's a pretty lame statement. How are you supposed to move over on a 2-lane country road when someone's headlights are blinding you? Why should everyone else on the road get blinded just so you can see better?
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I guess no one here has figured out that light is supposed to go THROUGH the lens for HIDs to not look like shit. If you think your clouded yellow lights look good with 28948743872K HIDs in them refracting light back into the housing to make the whole light glow a bright annoying blue, you ARE RETARDED.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                            That's a pretty lame statement. How are you supposed to move over on a 2-lane country road when someone's headlights are blinding you? Why should everyone else on the road get blinded just so you can see better?
                            I know I have mine pointed down, and I have halogen bright lights that are like the regular ole headlights I use on two lane country roads, they arent brights but it works when driving in the country, the only people that flash me are when they are in the left lane and my dumb ass rides their bumper to get them to move over, then they get behind me and turn their brights on. I just didnt like his statement about HID's.

Also 90 GT50 I have clear headlights and a white light HID no blue to them

Comment

I know I have mine pointed down, and I have halogen bright lights that are like the regular ole headlights I use on two lane country roads, they arent brights but it works when driving in the country, the only people that flash me are when they are in the left lane and my dumb ass rides their bumper to get them to move over, then they get behind me and turn their brights on. I just didnt like his statement about HID's.

Also 90 GT50 I have clear headlights and a white light HID no blue to them
                              Wasn't directed at anyone, just ranting, lol.

Comment

I got a cheap set other day and put em in my 95 gt and of all things it made my abs light come on.wtf? What does my fkn anti lock brakes have to do with my headlight wiring. Is it just a cheap ass kit or what? Anyone had this problem or anything like it? I know if i dont get this figured out soon im gunna have a cheap set for sell.lol

Comment

Working...
                                X