Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what gains in the 1/8?

- ran a 9.0 on street tires with 4.56's, stock H pipe and no muffs

- my car is getting I have bassani o/r x, magnaflows, Qa1 Tubular k, Qa1 A-arms, coilovers, 4.10's,31 spline rear w/ auburn diff, new lakewood lca's with a relocation bracket, spherical uca's, and subframe connectors. I also have Nito 305 DR's now.

what should I see?

EDIT: also has Kyb AGX adjustible shocks they have a dial from 1-8 on em. thought that was kinda cool. Idk what the springs are.
    Last edited by Cobraman; 08-10-2011, 10:47 PM.
    2012 GT500

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post

- my car is getting I have bassani o/r x, magnaflows, Qa1 Tubular k, Qa1 A-arms, coilovers, 4.10's,31 spline rear w/ auburn diff, new lakewood lca's with a relocation bracket, spherical uca's, and subframe connectors. I also have Nito 305 DR's now.

what should I see?
    best i have ever ran in my 95' cobra with bolt-ons, 3.73's, UCA/LCA's, aluminum driveshaft, 225k on the clock, and mail tune was an 8.2 with a shitty 60' time. the first tune i got was all jacked up. they left the EGR on, the idle was high, and throwing a code for EGR and i ran an 8.6. so i would definitely get a tune or some mil elims if you want your car to run right with the o/r mid pipe.
    Last edited by jnobles06; 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I say maybe 8.50. Mostly from the weight saving and the control arms though
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

sounds slow.

Comment

low 8's.

Comment

what should I see?
            An empty wallet

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              low 8's.
              Really think it would do that much? I'd be estatic. I was only expecting 8.7 ish.
              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                An empty wallet
                It's gonna end up free. lol
                2012 GT500

Comment

btw those spherical uca's are going to suck on the street. they allow for a ton of road noise and vibration. i had some at first then i went and got the hotchkis uca's with the hybird poly/ spherical bushings and it was much better.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                    btw those spherical uca's are going to suck on the street. they allow for a ton of road noise and vibration. i had some at first then i went and got the hotchkis uca's with the hybird poly/ spherical bushings and it was much better.
                    I have heard of that, however I drove the red car with that suspension setup and didnt notice anything really.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

8.50-8.60 maybe with driver mod alittie better

Comment

Really think it would do that much? I'd be estatic. I was only expecting 8.7 ish.
                        Losing weight off of a car is just as good as making more horsepower. A good solid launch, powershift the car and you should be in the 8.2-8.4 range. Also, make sure you get plenty of heat in those tires. They need a good burnout to get sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          .....make sure you get plenty of heat in those tires. They need a good burnout to get sticky.
                          True that...I never had good luck with Nitto DRs...get them hot.
                          70' Chevelle RagTop
                          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Should be well into the eights, what was the 60ft on the 9.0?

Comment

wait a second, isn't this where you should now post a magazine article that says someone did a 7.85743 @ 92.49583mph so that's what you'll run and everyone on here is full of shit?

ahhh, wait, this isn't a foxbodymike thread.

honestly i'll bet you will do an 8.7 or so, not trying to offend, but two things to consider.

1- unless your 60' was just TERRIBLE whatever you gain in the 60' will translate pretty much 1:1 at the 1/8th. so if you did a 2.0 60' on street tires i'd expect you will probably do a 1.8 on the d/r's, thus .2 down
                              2- even though it sounds like a "bunch of suspension" mod's, you are realistically only down probably 70lbs from stock, maybe less if you are running full length subframes (which can weight over 20lbs by themselves). so if you go off the age old overly simplified 100lbs = a tenth in the 1/4, then you are not picking up a ton at the 1/8th. granted i don't subscribe to the 100lbs=.1, but 70lbs of weight isn't really huge in the grand scheme of things.

I'd try to pick up a set of front runners for the track and understand that your t45 might not live a long life with sticky tires and powershifting.

just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X