How quick will stock motor get me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
    You are avoiding it. How hard would it be to meet someone for just a few minutes to run?

Your car is not in the 230-240 range either. That junk motor is old and tired.
    Last time I ran someone on this board I did all the leg work and pulled him by over 3 cars when everyone here said I'd loose.

His car made 275rwhp (cobra man)

Ran from a 40 so it wasnt in my favor.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      Last time I ran someone on this board I did all the leg work and pulled him by over 3 cars when everyone here said I'd loose.

..and his car weighs 200-300 more than yours. your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by turbostang View Post
        My point is, I don't feel the need to drop and run. I want to run the srt8 magnum I don't think I'll win but it will be fun and I'd like to dyno my car just not today.

Somehow that makes me a bitch...

Comment

No porting.
          Because that is all that matters on a cylinder head when you look at pictures from magazines.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

You've got alot to learn in this hobby. There is MUCH more to racing than just peak numbers on a dyno. That's the problem with this younger generation of racers now. All the of the technology, gadgets and information overload from the internet, you kids have stopped learning how to properly race, setup a car and learn to drive properly. Now it's all about just throwing power at a car and bench racing the shit out of it.

I feel old after posting that now. lol.

Comment

• Before the nitous and 351 swap my fox with hci and everything else made 260 to the wheels. Motor was probably a little too loose but you get the point. 220ish is good if that.

Comment

• This thread went from WTF to LMAO!

Comment

Because I was a dumbshit at roll racing. I downshifted at the 3rd honk, you and don were 2 cars away before I even hit it. Not to mention 3.27 gears lol. I'm not saying I should have won. I'm just saying the results are skewed. I raced aarons fox with a gt40 crate motor and full mm suspension and only lost by about 3 cars.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

My point is, I don't feel the need to drop and run. I want to run the srt8 magnum I don't think I'll win but it will be fun and I'd like to dyno my car just not today.

Somehow that makes me a bitch...
                    It makes you a bitch because you're constantly bench racing the shit out of it. If you stopped doing this, you'd get less shit for it.

I wish I could race you in the Mach, just to show you that just because Cobraman's car made 275rw, doesn't mean anything. He can't drive, just like you. You're both young and inexperienced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      Because I was a dumbshit at roll racing. I downshifted at the 3rd honk, you and don were 2 cars away before I even hit it. Not to mention 3.27 gears lol. I'm not saying I should have won. I'm just saying the results are skewed. I raced aarons fox with a gt40 crate motor and full mm suspension and only lost by about 3 cars.
                      A chase is a race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        It makes you a bitch because you're constantly bench racing the shit out of it. If you stopped doing this, you'd get less shit for it.

I wish I could race you in the Mach, just to show you that just because Cobraman's car made 275rw, doesn't mean anything. He can't drive, just like you. You're both young and inexperienced.
                        And racing Steve, you already have a weight advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          You can't say they all needed driver mods.

I've ran a 97 cobra with 3.73s to win by 2 or 3.
                          Raced 297rwhp 03 GT and lost by 2 but we are close until I go over 4500rpm in 4th.

275rwhp 93 cobra I pull instant then he reels me in.

Ran a 01 cobra with cai and I pulled him until 100mph.

Power under the curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            And racing Steve, you already have a weight advantage.
                            doh!

Comment

• Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                              He has no point. 40 punches have dick to do with quartermile or rwhp and those are both what his thread is about.

Comment

I've ran a 97 cobra with 3.73s to win by 2 or 3.
                                Raced 297rwhp 03 GT and lost by 2 but we are close until I go over 4500rpm in 4th.

275rwhp 93 cobra I pull instant then he reels me in.

Power under the curve.
                                Riiiiight..both of these cars dead hooked? Wait, you spun 3 feet, and he spun 30 feet?

You can't compare magical dyno numbers as an excuse to a win or loss, that's just as important as a shitty driver.

Comment

Working...
                                X