No announcement yet.

How quick will stock motor get me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So they said 220rw in the heat and you pulled 230 in the cool?

Comment

• wanna cookie?

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        So they said 220rw in the heat and you pulled 230 in the cool?
        Let's not be biased.

They said it was old and tired and wouldnt make the power I stated it would.

I've proven myself countless times. This one seals the deal.

"won't break 8s"
        "won't go faster the. 8.9"
        "won't make 230rwhp"

I've run a 8.40 and made the power I said it would.

What's next?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• 7.0 w/cam and headers and lsx

Comment

• NOw you just need a 5115 kit that's maxes out and run bottom 7's.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
              Let's not be biased.

They said it was old and tired and wouldnt make the power I stated it would.

I've proven myself countless times. This one seals the deal.

"won't break 8s"
              "won't go faster the. 8.9"
              "won't make 230rwhp"

I've run a 8.40 and made the power I said it would.

What's next?
              I still don't buy that it's a stock motor. Sure you can squeak out the HP from bolt ons, but the torque is way more than it should be. Like 15-20ftlbs more than it should be. Could be a factory freak or you could be lying out your ass, I don't care either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                I still don't buy that it's a stock motor. Sure you can squeak out the HP from bolt ons, but the torque is way more than it should be. Like 15-20ftlbs more than it should be. Could be a factory freak or you could be lying out your ass, I don't care either way.
                Why would I lie?

It's stock, when I take apart I'll take pictures.

What will you say then?

Comment

• for my quote, you're comparing my 100*+ temps your numbers in the october/november cool temps?

You do understand the generosity usually associated with Dynojet, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                    for my quote, you're comparing my 100*+ temps your numbers in the october/november cool temps?

You do understand the generosity usually associated with Dynojet, right?
                    Yes I do, and I understand your quote.

Given perfect conditions id prolly make a little more because those numbers are not corrected and it was humid out.

I just quoted yours because it had #s in it.

You know your shit Brooks, you won't catch hell from me.

Comment

Given perfect conditions id prolly make a little more because those numbers are not corrected and it was humid out.

Damn I'm so sick and tired of reading of this piece of shit coupe dude, its a mid 8 second coupe. Big fucking deal................ Get over it

Comment

• Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                        Damn I'm so sick and tired of reading of this piece of shit coupe dude, its a mid 8 second coupe. Big fucking deal................ Get over it

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II
                        2014 GT
                        2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

The main thing is, and I preach it to all the people I work for - the dyno is merely a tuning tool and lets you know "where you stand". Having said that, we don't race dynos. We race cars, on a track and that time is what matters.

I've watched your car a few times, and I feel it actually has more in it than than what you've posted.

Numbers to me, I don't care either way - but I still suspect your car is not stock. When I say not stock, I mean, maybe at some point in time your engine has been rebuilt - which in itself is worth quite a bit. Maybe it has a valve job done by someone who knew WTF they were doing - which in itself is the quickest, biggest way to make power and still be 'stock'.

Shit, back in 1993 I drove a coupe that went 8.1x stock with an offroad H pipe, gears and welds. It can be done. now, it's getting harder to do it 'stock' though.. bcause there aren't many 'stock' cars anymore.

..nonetheless, keep at it - it will go faster

Comment

you were given perfect conditions:

Most of the stated horsepower numbers are “Corrected” values. The correction standards were developed to discount the observed horsepower readings taken at different locations and weather conditions. It is obvious that an engine builder in Colorado could not produce as much horsepower as a shop at sea level. There is just less oxygen for the engine to burn at the higher altitude. What are less obvious are the other weather condition effects on the engine. So in order to compensate for this all advertised horsepower is “corrected” to several different industry standards.

SAE:
                            "SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque.

STD:
                            STD is Another power correction standard determined by the SAE. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."

Comment

• and inertia dyno's already read higher then they eddy current dyno's (dynojet vs. mustang dyno)

Comment

• Oh, and.. for the records - Just a couple weeks back, I went 8.0's@90 with 230rwhp.

Comment

Working...
                                X