How quick will stock motor get me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
    The diff blew up so I went to 3.42 gears when I put the RPM Stage 3 diff in. The 3.90s were a bit much (I'm guessing those went in when the car was still NA).
    It hooks pretty good in 2nd gear now. The BFG DRs are worn out so I will be getting some M/T DRs next.
    Ha yeah they were n when it had the 396. It rapped out out pretty quick with those gears.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• I had a stock bottom 302 w/ edelbrock rpms, Nitrous NX274HR Street/Strip cam, Victor Jr. intake, and 750 demon on 150 spray and went 12.0s. Had cheap jegs upper and lowers and w/ 390 gears and 275 drag radials. Heads, intake, and carb where bought on the cheap on this site. I am sure with weight reduction and better suspention it might have run better. basically stock heads cam and intake suck. never made it outta the 13s with stock heads
      Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD. You wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences!

90 GT Carb 331, heads cam and a lot of bottle
      95 Tbird SC forged 3.8, MPX supercharger, heads cam, and a little bottle

Comment

• Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
        Not sure if its worth reading all 16 pages but there are so great gems mixed in there. This thread will never die. Its like the random picture of the day thread but instead its the random dumb shit mikes said today.
        Oh ha! Oh ha!

You're full of jokes!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          Oh ha! Oh ha!

You're full of jokes!
          If by jokes you mean truth, I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangstew View Post
            I had a stock bottom 302 w/ edelbrock rpms, Nitrous NX274HR Street/Strip cam, Victor Jr. intake, and 750 demon on 150 spray and went 12.0s. Had cheap jegs upper and lowers and w/ 390 gears and 275 drag radials. Heads, intake, and carb where bought on the cheap on this site. I am sure with weight reduction and better suspention it might have run better. basically stock heads cam and intake suck. never made it outta the 13s with stock heads
            Look at this guy trying to bring facts and real world experience into this thread.
            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Yeah stangstew gtfo with that logic. So what? You actually have experience with something you did yourself? I have a newspaper from 1893 that clearly contradicts your argument.
              magazine and newspaper articles > real world hocus pocus.

Comment

• In this thread, common sense need not apply. It's too far gone to save.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Has his car gotten any faster over these 16 pages?

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    Has his car gotten any faster over these 16 pages?
                    It might have gained a couple more stress cracks and rattles.

Comment

• I actually owned a 91 LX Hatch back in 1997 that had stock heads and rockers, Explorer Intake, 65mm tb, E-Cam, FMS Shortys, stock H-Pipe without cats, 4.10's, no ac or ps, and I ran pretty consistant 12.9's with 1.7 60' times. That was with stock heads. Alamo Dragway in SanAntonio off Poteet Rd. Don't even know if that track is still open. It was pretty shitty even then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                        I actually owned a 91 LX Hatch back in 1997 that had stock heads and rockers, Explorer Intake, 65mm tb, E-Cam, FMS Shortys, stock H-Pipe without cats, 4.10's, no ac or ps, and I ran pretty consistant 12.9's with 1.7 60' times. That was with stock heads. Alamo Dragway in SanAntonio off Poteet Rd. Don't even know if that track is still open. It was pretty shitty even then.
                        Are you a CPA?

Comment

• Originally posted by stangstew View Post
                          I had a stock bottom 302 w/ edelbrock rpms, Nitrous NX274HR Street/Strip cam, Victor Jr. intake, and 750 demon on 150 spray and went 12.0s. Had cheap jegs upper and lowers and w/ 390 gears and 275 drag radials. Heads, intake, and carb where bought on the cheap on this site. I am sure with weight reduction and better suspention it might have run better. basically stock heads cam and intake suck. never made it outta the 13s with stock heads
                          Ouch, I scraped into the 11's with stock heads/intake with a 150dry.

Nevermind, just saw the radials part. I had good short times. Had slicks 90/10, 50/50, 4.10's, removed sway bar, 4cyl springs, full length welded subframe connectors. Stock control arms though.

This was back in the 90's, so the original motor was still pretty fresh.
                          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

• What the fuck is up with your giant as sig. Someone should complain or something....

Comment

• *ass

Comment

• Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                                What the fuck is up with your giant as sig. Someone should complain or something....
                                Someone should complain? Who should, Twilight Boy, other than your whining ass. Are you really that stupid that you don't know yet how to turn off sig displays?

Comment

Working...
                                X