• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run 8.1 - 8.2 in the 1/8th.

Lol

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I got a stock, full-weighted 90 coupe to do a 13.46 with just 3.73 gears, pullies, K&N stock replacement filterand some street slicks (remember the Indy profiles?). I'm sure with a lot of suspension and weight cutting, it could have went quicker, but it was only trapping 99mph.

Go research some of the old Trophy Stock guys from the early Fun Ford Weekend days. What they did in such a restrictive class was unbelievable. I ran my 89 in that class and realized it was going to be just as expensive as just about any other class to be really competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I got a stock, full-weighted 90 coupe to do a 13.46 with just 3.73 gears, pullies, K&N stock replacement filterand some street slicks (remember the Indy profiles?). I'm sure with a lot of suspension and weight cutting, it could have went quicker, but it was only trapping 99mph.

Go research some of the old Trophy Stock guys from the early Fun Ford Weekend days. What they did in such a restrictive class was unbelievable. I ran my 89 in that class and realized it was going to be just as expensive as just about any other class to be really competitive.
        You've told me this once before, and I took your advice and invested in someone's old mm&ff magazines dating from 93-04.. It's a 3ft tall stack, and ive been doing some reading.

Thats why I started this thread.

Guy had a stock h/c/I with intake spacer, 60mm TB, pullies, short belt and headers, 3:55s. Ran 12.61 at 105mph.

Lakewood traction bars and subframe connectors. Over 100k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          Lol, 12.6 for a stock engine isn't slow, and at that point nitrous would take me into the 10s, stock h/c/i. So why bother?

That would be pretty cool. All with around 240-260rwhp running mid 12s.

On the cheap.

My deal with stock motor is to say "it's stock." when people ask what engine mods. The reaction would be priceless.
          That was cool in the 90's.

Comment

ether way your gonna spend lot anyways on suspension or a motor! me id build a motor stock motor is only gonna get you so far!

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
              That was cool in the 90's.
              It's cool to me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                ether way your gonna spend lot anyways on suspension or a motor! me id build a motor stock motor is only gonna get you so far!
                Likewise.

Stock suspension can only get you so far.

Comment

It's cool to me right now.
                  How would you know how cool it is, your car is slow as fuck right now isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                    It's cool to someone just getting into the car world.

Remember how cool jacking off was once you found out that the penis was used for more than just peeing?

Ya, that's where Mike is right now.

Comment

Remember how cool jacking off was once you found out that the penis was used for more than just peeing?

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                        How would you know how cool it is, your car is slow as fuck right now isn't it?
                        Yes very slow, and I'd like to make it quicker. I don't really need to go faster just yet so I'll settle with quicker.

I think it's cool, didn't remember asking if you thought it was cool or not.

Comment

HA! No way in hell that guy was shifting at 4600rpm and that absolutely isn't the right place to shift, even with stock heads/cam/intake.

Comment

Been around fox mustangs for almost 9 years now.

Started young, I just find it more appealing to keep it simple, rather then waste money on an engine that will only get me to 500hp. I would much rather build a car with an engine in mind rather then build an engine and put it in a car with asshole suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                              HA! No way in hell that guy was shifting at 4600rpm and that absolutely isn't the right place to shift, even with stock heads/cam/intake.
                              5100-5400 is what I hear.

I shft at 5200

Comment

5100-5400 is what I hear.

I shft at 5200
                                If you're using a stock tach, then you really don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X