Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to find 1.5" 90* elbow for radiator hose asap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find 1.5" 90* elbow for radiator hose asap.

Anyone know where I can find something like this? It needs to have a real short radius as I don't have much room to work with. I found something at Lowes but it is schedule 80 pvc and I don't think pvc can withstand engine coolant temps and it is not barbed.

This is what I need (except barbed and in metal or high temp plastic)

I know PVC is only good to about 140 under pressure. As for a fitting, you may look where pool/hot tub supplies are sold. I know you can get 90 degree 1.5 in barbed fittings there. Temp resistance is something you will need to figure out.

Comment

Meh, think I found a better solution.

This is what I am trying to accomplish:

It is 1.5" coming out of the waterpump and 1.75 going into the radiator.

After googling a bunch of hoses I found this one that looks promising

If that doesn't work I'll probably just use a flexible hose like this:

Comment

racepartsolutions.com should have what you need. I did the same on my car.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

You are running an F-body radiator correct? Have you tried using/modifying a F-body hose?

Just ignore me if you have already tried that.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
            You are running an F-body radiator correct? Have you tried using/modifying a F-body hose?

Just ignore me if you have already tried that.
            Nope, had an f-body setup but it couldn't keep up in this 110* weather + a/c.

Went with a 3in thick double pass aluminum sprint car radiator:

Man, this radiator is definitely not a drop in replacement! The bottom radiator outlet points inward and the ls1 outlet comes straight out toward the frame rail which puts me in a tough situation. The f-body fans took quite a bit of trimming but actually seem to meet up nicely. I am currently just using the stock 5.0 radiator hold downs but plan to make an aluminum hold down on a brake and bend it to fit perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
              The bottom radiator outlet points inward and the ls1 outlet comes straight out toward the frame rail which puts me in a tough situation.
              If you like spending money you could always have a radiator shop weld a new outlet on.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
                If you like spending money you could always have a radiator shop weld a new outlet on.
                Would still have issues even if it didn't point inward, and I have access to a tig, but I really don't want to hack up a new radiator if I can find a $15 hose that'll do the job.

Comment

I have a suggestion.

Go buy one of those flexible pre-heater hoses (like used to send heat from the exhaust manifold to the air cleaner in a lot of 70s/80s cars) and bend it into the shape you need your hose to be for mock up purposes. Since it will hold it's shape, you can go to a parts store that they will let you look for yourself at their radiator hose aisle, (maybe Talisman can let you do this) and find a suitable match.

I've had to do that several times, it works great.
                  68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                  63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                  i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Universal radiator hose kit from summit or jegs, I mentioned it the last time you posted something about needing bends for radiator hoses, and it is still what you need now. You bend it how ever you want, it comes with the ends you need.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                    X