Need some advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advise

So i recieved an 89 coupe today. Got it home and dicovered that the front frame rails in ftont of the strut tower and core support where bent 2 inches to the left. I have a new core support that i had for the car i lost in my house fire. What i am trying to find out is can the front frame rails be bent back into shape or replaced. This is gonna me a drag car. Has anyone ever done anything like this using home remedies. Please let me know. thanks
    Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD. You wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences!

90 GT Carb 331, heads cam and a lot of bottle
    95 Tbird SC forged 3.8, MPX supercharger, heads cam, and a little bottle

Got any pictures?

Comment

Yes, they can be brought back to tolerance specs. but I doubt that you will be able to do it in the garage. It will most likely have to be done by a frame machine. A 2" shift is a lot and you will most likely need new frame rails along with some fender aprons, but I'm just shooting in the dark without seeing it firsthand.

sent from htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I am gonna snap some pictures when i get to the shop today.
        Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD. You wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences!

90 GT Carb 331, heads cam and a lot of bottle
        95 Tbird SC forged 3.8, MPX supercharger, heads cam, and a little bottle

Comment

Working...
        X