How to adjust cobra rockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to adjust cobra rockers?

Long story short i have a set of 93 cobra heads with the cranecam rockers. How do i adjust them because they are knocking?

Originally posted by 89ghost View Post
    Long story short i have a set of 93 cobra heads with the cranecam rockers. How do i adjust them because they are knocking?
    shims
    95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

shims only loosen them up........something is wrong. possible pushrod length is too short
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
        shims only loosen them up........something is wrong. possible pushrod length is too short
        oops.. reading comprehension owns me.
        95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
          Unless it has shims, then you can remove them and help tighten it up.

How does your oil pressure look? Is this something that has just popped up? How old are the lifters? What cam?

Comment

Oil pressure is good. has a compucam and the specs are the same as a e303.I do know that the heads only have 3000 miles on them.

Comment

Have you taken your valve covers off yet?

Comment

are they shaft mount or ped mount?
                Last edited by Txstang1; 08-04-2011, 04:44 PM.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Ped mount

Comment

No i havent take the valve covers off yeat. gonna do that this weekend.

Comment

you cant really adjust ped mount is what iv been told not 100% tho!
                      Last edited by 80coupe; 11-27-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 89ghost View Post
                        Oil pressure is good. has a compucam and the specs are the same as a e303.I do know that the heads only have 3000 miles on them.
                        What is good? What is the pressure? How many miles on the lifters?

I would start with pulling a valve cover. Next rotate the engine until a valve is on the bottom of the base circle. Then loosen the rocker. Retighten the rocker noting how many turns past 0 lash you get until the rocker bolt is tight. It should be about 1/2 turn past 0 lash. If its more or less you will need to adjust accordingly.

Comment

are they knocking or ticking??? a slight tick and valve train noise is common with these RR.
                          1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

the noise goes away when i shirt normal. but u can hear it when i granny shift. ??????

Comment

I had a set awhile back that were noisy never worried about it. Check for wear or contact on the spring retainer. I clearanced mine a little bit but they were still about the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X