No announcement yet.

Raising rear of Mustang (spring spacer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising rear of Mustang (spring spacer)

My 28 ET Streets rub the inner fender lip (already rolled). Trying to get the rear up .75" or so to help with clearance. I know global west makes a specific spacer for this ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GLS-1201/ )

I remember Brooks saying that you can simply put a wheel spacer on the lower spring seat to raise up the rear. Since wheel spacers are super cheap I figure this might be a viable option vs. the global west spacer. Anyone done this and/or know which style spacer works?

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    My 28 ET Streets rub the inner fender lip (already rolled). Trying to get the rear up .75" or so to help with clearance. I know global west makes a specific spacer for this ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GLS-1201/ )

I remember Brooks saying that you can simply put a wheel spacer on the lower spring seat to raise up the rear. Since wheel spacers are super cheap I figure this might be a viable option vs. the global west spacer. Anyone done this and/or know which style spacer works?
    If you're using stock type springs I may have some old ass spring spacers that came with some hpi mega bite jr's

<----runs out to the garage to look for them

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
      If you're using stock type springs I may have some old ass spring spacers that came with some hpi mega bite jr's

<----runs out to the garage to look for them
      Yep, stock V8 springs. Would be great if you did.

Comment

Found them! With two on each side they will give you a solid half inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
          Found them! With two on each side they will give you a solid half inch.
          Awesome, how much you want for them and where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            Awesome, how much you want for them and where are you located?
            You've already paid for them by letting me drool on your car at the cruise. You can have them.

I'm in mansfield but work in Arlington. But I called in today due to lack of giving a shit :-). Let me know if you want to meet up or whatever.

Comment

I live in North Arlington and work in Dallas (8-5/M-F). So I might just take a trip down to Mansfield to grab them from you, possibly Wednesday night or something. Let me know what works best.

Also, can you use both of these together? Reason I ask is because I'd assume at some point the cup that holds the base of the spring would not have enough height over the spacer to hold the bottom spring coil.

I am running the UPR lowers like these:

(except mine are the adjustable ones, but the spring seat looks the same)

Comment

If the lip on the spring seat it taller than the spacers you will be fine. The lca's that these spacers came with had a pretty tall lip. You could always weld some metal tabs to the lip to make sure the springs do not go anywhere.

Wednesday evening will be cool with me

Comment

Working...
                X