Bad Alternator? Electrical Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Alternator? Electrical Issue?

Went out to grab a bite to eat earlier today. Hopped back into the car after being out of it for no more than 2 minutes. Wouldn't start. No lights on the dashboard, alarm would trigger, but door locks wouldn't even activate. Luckily, there was a lube and tune shop next to the restaurant so I went over there and got a jump. It took awhile to jump the battery, but finally got it started after about about 3 minutes or so.

I pulled it over to the shop and they tested the alternator, said it tested fine (14.1v) and that it was probably my battery. I told them to just replace the battery. I step away to make a phone call and came back to the car -- they said that the battery tested fine as well.

This is the second time this has happened in the past week or two. Luckily, the first time it happened, I was able to get it to turn over after the 4th try. This time, it was dead as a doornail. What should I be looking into? On my way driving home last night, I didn't notice my headlights dimming, nor was the car struggling to run on my way to the restaurant this afternoon.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Year make model?

Comment

'02 Subaru WRX

Wish me luck on getting this bitch started. Last thing I want is to be stuck at work all damn night.

Comment

its this heat man. buy a new battery. call me if your stuck broseph.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          its this heat man. buy a new battery. call me if your stuck broseph.

god bless.
          I made it, but I'll remember that in case I do get stranded in the coming day or two. Thanks bud.

Comment

I'm gonna go with battery on this one. The heat is killing them left and right.

Comment

The negative cable isn't in very good condition, so I've got a cable on order as well. Will replace the battery tomorrow and the cable whenever it comes in.

Comment

My dad had the same symptoms and replaced the battery cables and that fixed it.

Comment

Bad battery connection.

Comment

Working...
                  X