Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The source of many headaches has been found and removed from my 03' GT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The source of many headaches has been found and removed from my 03' GT!

I have fought electrical issues in this damn car for over 2 years now, and I believe I found one of the main culprits after my wife was stranded in the car last night. I had it towed home with thoughts of a can of gasoline and a stray lit cigarette; but after a couple hours in the car this morning all seems well. I removed an old Karr car alarm that had a shitty ground, multiple picky back wire connectors, and a couple ripped or disconnected wires. I think a wire must have come loose last night thus putting the car in an inoperable mode. The interior lights, windows, and power locks all worked as well as the hazards; but as soon as you tried the ignition....dead as a door nail! The anti theft light went crazy as well.

I removed the POS alarm along with respliced one of the main wire they had tapped into, and it seems to be back to better than before. There must have been a bad groud or short as the car stereo is alot louder and the ground hum I have heard for 2 years now is gone. The car also seems to idle smoother?

Either way I am pleased, will be cleaning the car up for sale and moving on lol

Here is the cause of my problems:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had the same issue in my 01. Sometimes it would just not start and do all the things u just said. Most times I could try over and over again and it would eventually start. One time it just wouldn't start so I got pissed and had it towed to car toys and yank out their piece of shit alarm system

Comment

damn that same thing happened to me in my 95 cobra. i had just put a new stereo in and took out all the amps and put my own in with all new speakers. then one day, like a week after my stereo did not work at all. i knew it wasn't my wiring because i solder and heat shrink everything. so i was looking under the dash at all the other wires and found some old car alarm hooked up and the wires were just twisted and taped. i then followed those wires under the carpet and found one that was taped. the tape had moved and the wires were touching the body and fried my radio! i was so pissed. i ripped all that shit out.

Comment

Working...
      X