08 Bullitt Single 2 in 2 out flowmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 Bullitt Single 2 in 2 out flowmaster

A guy I work with just bought an 08 bullitt with a decent list of mods. When I went to checkout the car, I noticed it has a pretty odd exhaust setup. It has longtubes that go into an offroad x-pipe and then the flowtubes go into a single 2 in 2 out Flowmaster that is dumped before the axle. I though it was wierd enough to see an 05-09 car with a muffler before the axle, but especially odd that it has a single muffler. Anyone heard of people doing this?
    1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
    2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
    2000 F250 4x4 PSD
    2012 Ford Exploder
    www.fquick.com/payne5757
    www.myspace.com/payne5757

Sounds like a restriction in the exhaust and previous owner probably did it to "save" money more than anything else.

I bet there are a few HP's to be gained if he changes to a true dual exhaust set up...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I agree. Spent the money on longtubes just to skimp on mufflers lol. Just thought it was wierd.
      1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
      2000 F250 4x4 PSD
      2012 Ford Exploder
      www.fquick.com/payne5757

Comment

i'll take the sacrifice in hp if it fixes the 3v exhaust sound. Worse sounding v8 mustang ever, and the trumpeting of the free flowing exhaust is crazy.
        sigpic

Comment

Well this setup really just drones like any other flowmaster dumped stang.
          2000 F250 4x4 PSD
          2012 Ford Exploder
          www.fquick.com/payne5757

Comment

I had a full Bassani set up on a 1994 Lightning. I had equal length short headers, high flow catted H pipe, and a double inlet single outlet muffler with a single tail pipe that was about 4 inches around. It was made that way to all fit and exit in the stock location. It was the sweetest sounding exhaust I have ever had. There was no exhaust restriction with that set up.

Comment

Sounds like someone tried to copy the power chamber design on the fox body cars.
              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
              X