No announcement yet.

400 modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to rebuild the 400 in the wagon . It dropped a valve .
    If that motor has Chi heads it an expensive built motor!
    Their is a lot of companies building hot rod parts now. I was looking a converting mine over to a 5.0 efi .
    2009 Mustang GT
    1972 Country Squire

Comment

Originally posted by Kidd View Post
      Look at what won the Master motor builders competition over three times and is the current champ. A 400 Ford.
      Yes but what he is saying is that with those $4000 kaase heads, the cost of the hp is pretty high.

Edit: I think the winning 400m engine sold for $13k after the competition in 2008. They stuck a more reasonable cam in it, and I'm sure they ditched the 2.2 rockers.

403” Cleveland

This engine is the 2008 Engine Masters winner. It appears on the front cover of the winter edition of Engine Masters Magazine. A very thorough teardown article is in this same issue. Also, it appears on the front cover as well inside stories in Feb, 2009 Popular Hot Rodding magazine. This engine achieved the highest average horsepower and torque per cubic inch that has ever been recorded in the 7 years of Engine Masters Competition.

The 403” Ford engine is based on a 400” Cleveland. It uses CHI C-400, CNC ported heads.The engine has just been rebuilt. The flat tappet cam has been replaced with a roller setup for reliability. We will install a new Moroso oil pan to match the buyer’s car type. We will also dyno test it with the new owner present. The compression ratio is a pump gas friendly 10.4 to 1. It is completely streetable. The peak horsepower is 660, with peak torque is 625. The engine comes complete with ignition control boxes and all the technology that was required to win. Headers are not included.

$12,900.00
      Thats what , $20 per 1hp?
      Last edited by Jimbo; 12-02-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

yes its james, him and my dad are good friends
        81 LX
        82 GT

Comment

Originally posted by junk racing View Post
          yes its james, him and my dad are good friends
          Got any underhood pics?

Comment

I can get some, Him and my dad are trying too work a deal out on the car.
            81 LX
            82 GT

Comment

Working...
            X