Twisted fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisted fox?

Bought this coupe a while back thinking it was a pretty clean start for a daily driver. Of course, like all used foxes, I opened pandora's box and all kinds of nasty shit came out to play. With that said and without bashing the wrenching ability of some people around this town, I've about got her ready for daily commutes, but something keeps bugging me..

I knew the car was raced. Dude tried to hide the line lock switch under the radio(like I can't see the solenoid under the master cylinder ha). There's a spot under the wheel well where the car hooked good, squatted hard and the tall slick grabbed a bit of metal and made a lip of sorts. That's all fine. What bugs is that I looked for those ripples/creases in the quarter and roof, from body flex, didn't see them...now I do see them, and they are most certainly there. I should have known better when I didn't see SFC's...but it's done, so...

What are some good measuring points to see how straight she is? What are some other things to look at? Torque boxes look fine, and even stock at that... How concerned would you be if you wanted to drive this car forever? I'd like to build up the chassis, but I'm worried this car may not be worth it. Please advise.

If you can find someone that has AllData Collision, they have all those dimensions and points of reference.
    68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
    63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
    i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Working...
    X