dropping tranny in a 2v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropping tranny in a 2v

I am replacing my tranny in my 2001 gt that has long tubes. Car is a 5 spd. Can the tranny drop out with out moving the long tubes

Yes

Sent from my iPhone killer!
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Not sure how tight the headers fit on the 2V cars, but on my Cobra, the passenger side header had to come out first, then the trans would come out. The bellhousing on those T45/3650s are pretty wide
      --Marcus

Comment

Depends on the header. With my BBK's, the tranny wouldn't drop. There are a few brands that can be dropped.

Comment

Mine are magniflow

Comment

Easiest way to tell is to get under the car and see if you have clearance...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Most are really tight, it might rub the collectors and you might have to turn it just the right way to get it out, but it will come down. Going back in is a pain because you have to force it back between the collectors. A friend with a prybar comes in handy.

Comment

just have a big crowbar

Comment

Hookers and Kooks are about the only longtubes that you can pull the trans out with out having to take the passenger side header loose. Unless you have a T56 or TKO and even a TKO getting the bellhousing out is a pain in the ass even after you dropped the trans out of the way.
                  03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                  "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Working...
                  X