No announcement yet.

How to professional do touch up paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to professional do touch up paint?

I have bought a few cars from dealerships in the past where they would have a scratch and part of the negotiating with the dealership, they would have it fixed. They would say they have a guy that comes to there once a week and would bring the car back, and would be done a few hours later... I have had this done twice now and both times it looks PERFECT. not like a touch up kit with paint just put in the scratch, it looks like there was never a scratch there in the first place.

my question is, how is this done? I have a scratch on my truck I would like to fix and want to know how to do it right before i mess with it. thanks

anyone know?

Comment

Have you heard the term, "It will buff out"?

Comment

My buddy does mobile paint repair. He has a van with a turbine paint gun, full mixing rack, sanders, buffers, etc. He does spot repair, he'll find a line to blend with, sands down the scratch, primes it, sprays in the paint, clears it, then uses a "blending clear" that from what I understand kind of bites into the existing clear to help make the transition less noticeable. If the painter is good and chooses a good line to blend at the repairs can look very good. He does a lot of new high end vehicles for dealerships and I think sometimes the new owners have no idea.

Comment

k, thats alot more involved than i want to go. I just have 1-2 small scratches that are down to the metal, but only about 1 inch long on my hood.

should i get a generic paint kit from auto parts store or do i need to order a special paint matching from internet? i have a red 2008 toyota tundra

Comment

Originally posted by 00bolt View Post
            k, thats alot more involved than i want to go. I just have 1-2 small scratches that are down to the metal, but only about 1 inch long on my hood.

should i get a generic paint kit from auto parts store or do i need to order a special paint matching from internet? i have a red 2008 toyota tundra
            I don't know where you live, but there's an O'Reilly store in Irving that can mix you up just about any amount you want in touch up paint and put it in an aerosol can, quart, pint, etc. All you have to do is give them your paint code and they can look it up and mix it for you.

Here's their contact info:

1007 East Irving Blvd
            Irving, Texas 75060

Phone: (972) 721-9763

-Aaron

Comment

Pics and location?
              2 Chronicles 7:14
              If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

I watched a guy do tiny scratches once with a hypodermic needle. He slowly applied the paint and later buffed it . Looked pretty good. Boy did he have a steady hand.

Comment

Working...
                X