SN95 & Fox rear end lengths?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN95 & Fox rear end lengths?

What are the lengths on both these rear ends?. Ive heard the SN95 are a tab longer, not exact on how many inches then a fox though. Does anyone know the lengths on them, or is it on the new newer stangs after the sn95(03, 04) that are bit longer then both older rears(sn95 & fox)

not sure on actuall mesurements but the sn 95 is abou 3/4 wider per side.
    One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by onjacks View Post
      not sure on actuall mesurements but the sn 95 is abou 3/4 wider per side.
      And this is compared with a fox right?

I ask cause a friend is swapping his 10 bolt and going with a 8.8. Since the 10 bolts on camaros are wider he wants to use 1 of the 2 rear ends he has, Which one is a SN95 and other is from a fox and I thought I read up somewhere that ones is a tab wider..
      Last edited by sosoe; 07-24-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Yes the sn95 is about 1 1/2 wider overall then the fox body.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
          Yes the sn95 is about 1 1/2 wider overall then the fox body.
          Great, and thanks for the quick response. I tried to Google and found out that some people are saying the SN95s and Fox are the same in length and didn't change till 99, and then found some sites where they say they did change after the fox body.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
            And this is compared with a fox right?

I ask cause a friend is swapping his 10 bolt and going with a 8.8. Since the 10 bolts on camaros are wider he wants to use 1 of the 2 rear ends he has, Which one is a SN95 and other is from a fox and I thought I read up somewhere that ones is a tab wider..
            So he plans on putting a mustang rear end in a camaro??? They don't have anywhere near the same suspension setup. Is he planning on removing/re-welding all the axle mounts??
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
              So he plans on putting a mustang rear end in a camaro??? They don't have anywhere near the same suspension setup. Is he planning on removing/re-welding all the axle mounts??
              Yes correct, brackets for the TA, shocks springs, PHB, etc. It has been done for these camaros cause the 10 bolts suck ass.

Also I forgot to get the length on the sn95s anyone know?
              I think camaros are 60"+

Comment

79-93 Mustangs use a 57 inch wide rear axle. 94-98 Mustangs use a 58.5 inch wide rear axle. 99 and newer Mustangs use a 59 7/8 inch wide rear axle. Lincoln Mark7 LSC, SVO Mustang and Fox Body Saleens use a 59.5 inch wide rear axle. Hope this helps.
                One day at a time.

Comment

79-93 Mustangs use a 57 inch wide rear axle. 94-98 Mustangs use a 58.5 inch wide rear axle. 99 and newer Mustangs use a 59 7/8 inch wide rear axle. Lincoln Mark7 LSC, SVO Mustang and Fox Body Saleens use a 59.5 inch wide rear axle. Hope this helps.
                  Yes sir, Thanks..

Comment

All of these versions use the exact same 8.8 housing. The only difference is axle shaft lenghts, and the brake setups required for each application.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      All of these versions use the exact same 8.8 housing. The only difference is axle shaft lenghts, and the brake setups required for each application.
                      Correct, that's what ive found out also.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                        Yes correct, brackets for the TA, shocks springs, PHB, etc. It has been done for these camaros cause the 10 bolts suck ass.

Also I forgot to get the length on the sn95s anyone know?
                        I think camaros are 60"+
                        thats cool. The 10 bolt is about equal to a 7.5 mustang rear end right?
                        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

^ agreed.

I just finished my 5 lug conversion on my coupe. Used Northracecar brake brackets to have sn95 rear disk brakes and keep the stock foxbody width.
                          One day at a time.

Comment

Not to niggle, but the New Edge ('99-'04) housings are wider than the '98 and earlier units...

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbors View Post
                              Not to niggle, but the New Edge ('99-'04) housings are wider than the '98 and earlier units...
                              no niggling, that's an important detail
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                              X