Where in Garland & Mesquite to get Raditator Flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in Garland & Mesquite to get Raditator Flush

I am having the Raditator on my GTP Flushed cause its been running Hot at stop light & around through traffic. I was going to do this myself. But after reading on Grandprix.net. They suggest to have this done because of the time involved.

Im thinking maybe Goodyear or Firestone to have this done at cause they have the tools to bleed the system & T that goes in to the Heater core & get all the air out of the system.

My car is running Dex Cool from the factory & I hear this stuff is pretty nasty & gums up the cooling system really bad. Thus why I want it done by a pro!

I know Flushing a coolant system is like a alignment & some shops can half ass the job & this is what i want to avoid!
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Originally posted by SEB View Post
    I am having the Raditator on my GTP Flushed cause its been running Hot at stop light & around through traffic. I was going to do this myself. But after reading on Grandprix.net. They suggest to have this done because of the time involved.

Im thinking maybe Goodyear or Firestone to have this done at cause they have the tools to bleed the system & T that goes in to the Heater core & get all the air out of the system.

My car is running Dex Cool from the factory & I hear this stuff is pretty nasty & gums up the cooling system really bad. Thus why I want it done by a pro!

I know Flushing a coolant system is like a alignment & some shops can half ass the job & this is what i want to avoid!

Yeah dump the Dex Cool as it is not worth a shit...Causes nothing but problems...Is the car running hot when Ac is off/on? What temps are the car getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by MstangsBware View Post
      Yeah dump the Dex Cool as it is not worth a shit...Causes nothing but problems...Is the car running hot when Ac is off/on? What temps are the car getting up to?
      The AC was working great. Till I went out tonight & took the car to the store & the AC never blew cold, Looks like my AC isnt working either.

I should have just bought the Acura TL. These damn Grand Prix's have something always going wrong. Its little stuff. But its annoying!!!!

I have heard 50/50 say dont use the green stuff cause your waterpump and radiator will go south pretty shortly after & then I have heard others say, If you flush the system correctly that use can switch from Dex Cool to the green stuff with no problems. But with my luck I think I will just flush the system & put in fresh Dex Cool as im selling the car anyways.

The car runs cool on the Hwy at 180, But as soon as I get in town with lights & stop & go traffic it shoots up to 210 QUICK!
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
        The AC was working great. Till I went out tonight & took the car to the store & the AC never blew cold, Looks like my AC isnt working either.

I should have just bought the Acura TL. These damn Grand Prix's have something always going wrong. Its little stuff. But its annoying!!!!

I have heard 50/50 say dont use the green stuff cause your waterpump and radiator will go south pretty shortly after & then I have heard others say, If you flush the system correctly that use can switch from Dex Cool to the green stuff with no problems. But with my luck I think I will just flush the system & put in fresh Dex Cool as im selling the car anyways.

The car runs cool on the Hwy at 180, But as soon as I get in town with lights & stop & go traffic it shoots up to 210 QUICK!
        Well I can tell you with the Grand Prix when something goes wrong it is cheap to fix, when something was to go south on that Acura you would be out much more...

Are you cooling fans working? Then would cause the A/C to blow hot when not moving and also the temps to rise when sitting. I am thinking there are dual fans with one being low speed and the other being high speed but not 100% on that. Check to insure both the fans are coming on.....

Nothing wrong with running green in the car...I run 50/50 in my car and all the cars I have swapped with no issues. Get a good flush to rid all the Dex Cool and refill with green...

Comment

Sounds like the cooling fans are not coming on, go get you a wt3000z temp switch, 3.8 or 3.4 motor i presume you have in there? Good motors, but that switch I have replaced in atleast ten car's. My 00 lumina was doing same thing till i replaced that.

Comment

Forney radiator was great when I was going.

Comment

Working...
            X