Exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

i searched but didnt see anything. I know everyone has their own favorite setup, but im looking for the loudest deepest mufflers. Ive been going through exhaust set ups like crazy lately trying to find what i want. I have longtubes and ive done the whole o/r x with flows, ive done o/r x with lm1s, but i dont like them. I went with an o/r h with flows and love the sound but its just not loud enough. I want that fox body tone that it kinda has now but just louder. whats the best muffler to accomplish this with? Its going on a 03 GT with BBK longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe.

O/R h and 1 chamber flows? Should be loud enough and drone enough to run most people out of the car!
    92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
      O/R h and 1 chamber flows? Should be loud enough and drone enough to run most people out of the car!
      Yup. I had LT's with 3.5" collectors, into a 3"H-pipe, 1 chamber flows, dumped. The thing sounded like thunder from inside a building.

Comment

Off road Pro Chamber with 2 chamber flows. Sounds great on a 4.6L. Here's my friend's car, don't mind the shitty camera work, I was drunk, I know it was like Micheal J. Fox, but you can hear the car.

01 GT Mustang, Mac Pro Chamber,2 chamber Flowmasters, C & L upper plenum.
        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

if you want the loudest, why run mufflers at all?
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I've heard some dumped spintechs that were extremely loud

Comment

Just run down turned dumps, no worry! It will be the loudest, and not disturb the rest of us so much! You will need to get some hearing aids after a week too!

Comment

I want it loud, but good sounding. Anyone ever ran flowpaths?

Comment

Originally posted by E_Low View Post
                  I want it loud, but good sounding. Anyone ever ran flowpaths?
                  Best sounding muffler I ever ran on my coupe, but they are not very loud.

Comment

I like the way the offroad X and Borla's sounded on my 96. Deep low rumble to loud and screaming when you get on it...
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                    X