Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twin-Cobraman's predicament !! Lsx turbo sn-95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SN95's are slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      SN95's are slow.
      I lol'd.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Maybe I can pick up a Mach 1 motor for around $2500 and eaton swap or Vortech it for the other $2500.
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          Maybe I can pick up a Mach 1 motor for around $2500 and eaton swap or Vortech it for the other $2500.
          Or you can PM Baron and see what Aluminum blocked LSX engines are available from LKQ, and PM turbostang and see how he'd boost it on a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Or you can PM Baron and see what Aluminum blocked LSX engines are available from LKQ, and PM turbostang and see how he'd boost it on a budget.
            The more I think about it, the harder it seems. An Lsx would need mods to the mounts to fit, mods to the tranny to make the shifter come out the stock location, custom work for a/c and the gauge cluster, etc etc. It just seems like a bitch.

I just realized I'm gonna have to buy wheels and tires for one of em, so I'm down to like $4300. I can pick up

another 96-98 cobra motor w/ 70k for around $2500
            A Mach one motor for around $3k
            Matched to a t-56 tranny $700

Neither of which leave me much extra money. At that point id put lt's on and call it done.
            2012 GT500

Comment

The more I think about it, the harder it seems. An Lsx would need mods to the mounts to fit, mods to the tranny to make the shifter come out the stock location, custom work for a/c and the gauge cluster, etc etc. It just seems like a bitch.

I just realized I'm gonna have to buy wheels and tires for one of em, so I'm down to like $4300. I can pick up

Neither of which leave me much extra money. At that point id put lt's on and call it done.
              Sounds like a plan.

Comment

You should have just bought mine and saved yourself a bunch of work and money.

Comment

I'm not sure why you bought a Cobra roller when you already had a running and driving Cobra to work with, but whatever...

If you want to do the LS1, it's a piece of cake.

Here you go...

Conversions & Swaps - New discoveries for LS1 into Mustangs Swaps - Turns out an LS1 will bolt into a Mustang like it came from the factory... Using a 4.6L factory Ford K-Member and factory 4.6L Cobra motor mounts, slightly modified, the LS1 slides in and fits great while using the factory GM F-body oilpan and exhaust...
                  --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                    I'm not sure why you bought a Cobra roller when you already had a running and driving Cobra to work with, but whatever...

If you want to do the LS1, it's a piece of cake.

Here you go...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...ngs-swaps.html
                    Because it has a rebuilt 31spline built rear with 4.10's, coilovers, a tubular k, brand new a arms, new rear control arms, Subframe connectors, a two step, new trim pieces that I need, new headlight setup, catback, clean complete interior, new fr500 steering wheel, straight body with 105k, better paint, etc. And I got it for cheaper than you could imagine.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Because it has a rebuilt 31spline built rear with 4.10's, coilovers, a tubular k, brand new a arms, new rear control arms, Subframe connectors, a two step, new trim pieces that I need, new headlight setup, catback, clean complete interior, new fr500 steering wheel, straight body with 105k, better paint, etc. And I got it for cheaper than you could imagine.
                      Well then pick which ever car is "nicer", swap all the good parts onto it, then sell the other one to fund the motor swap.

If you read that thread I posted, an LS1 bolts in with minimal modifications to the factory Ford mounts. My biggest hangup was the clutch setup, but now that there is a hydraulic conversion for these cable style Mustangs, it should be a piece of cake to get rolling
                      --Marcus

Comment

Looks like I'll probably pick up a 4v Mach motor, and pair it with a t-56 if I can find one cheap enough. If I have money, I'll put some longtubes on it. And then the rest of the summers money can go to paint. Etc.

That motor with longtubes will easily make 30rw more than mine, not to mention the lack of IMRC's, and make much better low to midrange torque. And no terrible rpms on the highway with a six speed. I think I'd be happy with that setup.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                          Well then pick which ever car is "nicer", swap all the good parts onto it, then sell the other one to fund the motor swap.

If you read that thread I posted, an LS1 bolts in with minimal modifications to the factory Ford mounts. My biggest hangup was the clutch setup, but now that there is a hydraulic conversion for these cable style Mustangs, it should be a piece of cake to get rolling
                          I'm swapping the interior from the black into the red and vice versa. I'm selling black to fund the swap but I have to buy some wheels and tires to sell it with.

What kind of cost we talking for the whole swap?
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Before you start an lsx swap thinking it's a bolt in deal you need to realize that while it is not terribly difficult it is definitely not "bolt it". The wiring takes a lot of patience unless you buy a pre-converted harness from a vendor, the exhaust (even if you buy pre-fabbed swap stuff) takes some massaging to get in there right (and everything after the headers will have to be fabbed up), the driveshaft will have to be shortened for the t56, the clutch setup will take some fab work, and the list goes on and on. I don't say this to motivate you one way or the other, but I just don't want you to be under the false pretense that this project wont take any thought/time. Add on some custom lines for the a/c and power-steering/hydro-boost brakes if you are keeping any of that. If you go with a 2003+ motor most of them are drive by wire so you either have to pick up an electronic pedal and find a way to mount it along with a TAC module or you have to convert it to drive by cable (only a few PCM's can accept this conversion), for a/c the newer PCM's want a serial A/C request signal so if you want the PCM to control A/C you are up shit creek unless you have a PCM that can get +12v a/c request. You will have to get the PCM programmed to work with the swap (remove VAT's, rear o2's, evap, etc.). The actual 5.7l LS1's are over priced IMO, the iron blocks weight ~70lbs more, they are a lot stronger, cheaper, and if you get a 6.0l/6.2l they make quite a bit more power. Complete T56's still command a premium, often times selling for ~$1500. For the $380 shipped that AJE sells their LSx conversion K-member for I'd do that versus trying to make the QA1 work, I'd just sell the QA1 for as much as you can and add a few bucks to get something that is engineered for the swap (plus then you can use their cross member for the transmission with no modification). The long and short of it is that the LSx swap is awesome, it's just not as cheap nor as easy as some make it sound.

Comment

why not put your motor and tranny in the new car, sell the old one and buy a blower?
                              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

ive got some 03 cobra replicas, and i still want that black cobra hood!

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X