LS-Coupe A/C defaults to DEFROST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS-Coupe A/C defaults to DEFROST

So every time I turn the ignition on with the a/c on it defaults to the defroster. I understand that this is because there is no vacuum and it goes to defrost with no vacuum. So obviously the Mustang came with a check valve or something to keep vacuum in A/C vacuum lines. Anyone got a part number or link to where I can grab one of these?

I have one at the shop, if you need it.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

There's a vacuum line inside the harness that would plug into a vacuum source under the map on the intake on an LS1. Did you reconnect that to any of the Ac equipment? It also works
      Similar in the GM cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        I have one at the shop, if you need it.
        Ya, I need it!

Originally posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
        There's a vacuum line inside the harness that would plug into a vacuum source under the map on the intake on an LS1. Did you reconnect that to any of the Ac equipment? It also works
        Similar in the GM cars.
        Ya, I have the vacuum source connected from the A/C controls to the intake manifold. Works fine when the engine is running, but when the engine is not running (thus no vacuum) it defaults to the defrost vents.

Comment

Working...
        X