Lug nut help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lug nut help

Got a set of Cobra R wheels, Anyone know which lug nuts would be best for these wheels, the hole tapers in and using a thin wall socket will work but anyone have suggestions on longer lug nuts to make changing them easier? If so what size do I get? And where? Thanks!
    Big Rooster Racing
    85' Coupe
    sigpic

I've got the R wheels and just went to Autozone for a complete set of new ones. A "slim" 4-way is all I need to get to the lugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      I've got the R wheels and just went to Autozone for a complete set of new ones. A "slim" 4-way is all I need to get to the lugs.
      So your using regular open ended lugs, or longs?
      Big Rooster Racing
      85' Coupe
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
        So your using regular open ended lugs, or longs?
        Regular off-the-shelf stuff. If you're not sure, take one out and try it on the car.

Comment

I am assuming you have the 95 Cobra Rs? If so, a standard, 19mm deepwell socket will work just fine. You can buy these fairly cheap at any Lowes/Home Depot, or any auto store. Lug nut should be 1/2x20.

If they are 2000 R rims, I am not sure on that.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
            I am assuming you have the 95 Cobra Rs? If so, a standard, 19mm deepwell socket will work just fine. You can buy these fairly cheap at any Lowes/Home Depot, or any auto store. Lug nut should be 1/2x20.

I too, assumed that's what he has. Mine are the '95 R's.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post

Yeah they are the 95 Cobra Rs. I got a set of lugs at vatozone with locks, and a deep socket set worked fine. Come to find out the prob was on one of the rims, the holes don't taper in as much as the other three do and that happened to be the wheel I was trying everything on?!? Weird!! Oh well they were free!
              Big Rooster Racing
              85' Coupe
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X