Miss under load... help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss under load... help!

OK so I have a problem when i am under a load, between 3k-4k rpms.
    When i am driving and go to wide open throttle, the car sputters and falls on its face (it will drive through it). but when it gets past 4k rpms it drives like a scalded ape. it does it in every gear between 3k-4k rpms.

I have changed out injectors,spark plugs,wires,upgraded to an msd 6al ignition,new tps,new pro-motor sports mass air meter.

Checked the cap, rotor, TFI module, pickup in the distributor, loose/worn bushings in the distributor?

Comment

cap, rotor,and tfi all good, didnt think to check the pickup in the distributor

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffneck1320 View Post
        OK so I have a problem when i am under a load, between 3k-4k rpms.
        When i am driving and go to wide open throttle, the car sputters and falls on its face (it will drive through it). but when it gets past 4k rpms it drives like a scalded ape. it does it in every gear between 3k-4k rpms.

I have changed out injectors,spark plugs,wires,upgraded to an msd 6al ignition,new tps,new pro-motor sports mass air meter.
        i have had this same problem and replaced all the same stuff and found it to the pickup in the distributor. it was hitting that wheel on the inside that has the notches cut out in it.

Comment

Working...
        X