Changed some gaskets, now the car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed some gaskets, now the car won't start

92 LX mustang, 5.0 AOD. Changed both throttle body gaskets, and egr gasket, changed the thermostat and new gasket on the housing. Unplugged the egr, tps, distributer, and a couple vacuum hoses during the job. Everything is plugged back in, went to start it, and no go! Fuel is there, no fire. WTF!!

Could I have shorted the distributer by just unplugging it? What could I have bumped during this that could disable the distributer?

TIA
    Last edited by Rotortrash; 07-16-2011, 04:14 PM.

i once changed my valve cover gaskets and my fuel pump would not come on afterwards. Turned out to be a bad electrical gremlin

Comment

first off, did you disconnect the battery before doing all this work? i'd start by pulling a plug wire to check to check for spark i'd do that because you could have just moved the dizzy on accident and knocked the timing way off. then i'd be checking fuses then if you are absolutely sure you are not getting any spark.
      Last edited by jnobles06; 07-16-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
        first off, did you disconnect the battery before doing all this work? i'd start by pulling a plug wire to check to check for spark i'd do that because you could have just moved the dizzy on accident and knocked the timing way off. then i'd be checking fuses then if you are absolutely sure you are not getting any spark.

No, I did not disconnect the battery. I definitely do not have spark, i did pull a plug to check. I'm 100% positive the "dizzy" did not move, I might have sausage fingers but not THAT bad!

First thing in the morning, I will be looking at fuses. I stopped working on it this afternoon when it got up to 172 degrees in the garage.

Comment

172 wtf did you not have the door open?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I think that was a exaggeration, dumbass
            I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

Originally posted by mustang87 View Post
              This.

Comment

Ya I had a brownie once

Comment

Found the problem. A pin in the distributer plug got pushed back and wasn't making contact. Fixed the plug, car started right up!

Comment

Originally posted by mustang87 View Post
                    You think?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                    X