Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of a good inexpensive mechanic in NFTW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of a good inexpensive mechanic in NFTW area?

Ok so now aside from the engine shaking issue that i posted on earlier my wife calls me to tell me the car wont turn over now.... i need an inexpensive mechanic that can help me.... not asking for handouts, im just trying to put my wife through college and money is tight. Thanks for the help.

what kind of car? problems?

Comment

I haven't found a good one on this side of town yet, so I usually do most of my own shit...

If you give us details we might be able to help....

Comment

he said it has a shaking problem and now it wont start. geez

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
          he said it has a shaking problem and now it wont start. geez
          lol.... ya well were back to the shaking issue, the starter issue is the starter relay that seems to go out once a year.... so i got that part figured out.... the shaking is the big thing at this point.... last dude charged me 50 dollars to "diagnose" the problem saying it was plugs/wires and wanted to charge me 290 to do that shit.... so i did them myself.... fucker still thinks its misfiring but i dont.... and i know hes going to charge me another 50 for another diagnostic test and then tell me its the coil pack and ill replace it again and be screwed once more.......

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            lol.... ya well were back to the shaking issue, the starter issue is the starter relay that seems to go out once a year.... so i got that part figured out.... the shaking is the big thing at this point.... last dude charged me 50 dollars to "diagnose" the problem saying it was plugs/wires and wanted to charge me 290 to do that shit.... so i did them myself.... fucker still thinks its misfiring but i dont.... and i know hes going to charge me another 50 for another diagnostic test and then tell me its the coil pack and ill replace it again and be screwed once more.......
            autozone can test coil packs for free fyi

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
              autozone can test coil packs for free fyi
              one by my house looked at me like im retarded....

Comment

and what car is this again?

Comment

2000 mustang v6

Comment

Go through each coil and pull the wires off with OUT the car running and put dielectric grease on the terminals. Once you've done that, start the car up and pull the plug wires off one at a time and see if there's one or more that doesn't make a difference in idle.

Since it's a coil pack car, you're likely to see more than one cylinder NOT make a difference if there's a coil bad.

Have you checked primary and secondary resistance on the coils?

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                      Go through each coil and pull the wires off with OUT the car running and put dielectric grease on the terminals. Once you've done that, start the car up and pull the plug wires off one at a time and see if there's one or more that doesn't make a difference in idle.

Since it's a coil pack car, you're likely to see more than one cylinder NOT make a difference if there's a coil bad.

Have you checked primary and secondary resistance on the coils?
                      No sir i dont know how to check the resistance... or have that kind of tool if it's something special

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                        No sir i dont know how to check the resistance... or have that kind of tool if it's something special
                        You don't have to have any other tools besides a multimeter and a computer to look up how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                          You don't have to have any other tools besides a multimeter and a computer to look up how to do it.
                          lol exactly........ i got a wrench.....

Comment

Is the CEL on? If so hook a scanner and it will tell you exactly which cylinder is misfiring.

Comment

multimeters are cheap at Harbor Freight....

Comment

Working...
                              X