Dynomax Ultra-Flo's + Bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynomax Ultra-Flo's + Bullets?

Just picked up a pair of Dynomax Ultra-Flo's for the ls-coupe. Got sick of the 3.5" exhaust with bullets, way too loud for my taste. Anyway, either I am just going to cut out the 3.5" bullets and weld in the ultra-flo's or I was thinking about possibly welding them in before the bullets and running 4 mufflers (all straight through design).

Other than weight is there any downside to this? Flow really shouldn't be a concern on a 364ci engine with dual 3.5" exhaust and straight through mufflers that flow a lot of cfm.

The quieter the better, just don't want it to sound terrible and don't want to give up much hp.

I'd put them on along with the bullets, and worst case take the bullets off if you donr like it.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm running magnaflow bullets in front of a large magnaflow muffler. They work as resonators.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        I'd put them on along with the bullets, and worst case take the bullets off if you donr like it.
        This!

Theyll quiet it down some and kill the raspy tones, if youre wanting something queiter too, you could check out some of the smaller case diesel mufflers, but might not have much room under there for that...

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
          This!

Theyll quiet it down some and kill the raspy tones, if youre wanting something queiter too, you could check out some of the smaller case diesel mufflers, but might not have much room under there for that...
          on that subject, PTE makes a resonator in 4" that is pretty small that takes the drone away without killing the flow and it still sounds good. Its a spiral outter with a straight through center.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I had a 3.5 inch bullet and a 3.5inch ultra flow on my turbo car. The sound was way better than the bullet alone.
            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
              I had a 3.5 inch bullet and a 3.5inch ultra flow on my turbo car. The sound was way better than the bullet alone.
              I am hoping better = quieter! I can't with a good conscious run my car in the garage, i know people can hear it blocks away. I just want something quieter!

Comment

The turbo muffled it a bit, but it was quieter than my car was with long tubes and flows.
                Ded

Comment

on that subject, PTE makes a resonator in 4" that is pretty small that takes the drone away without killing the flow and it still sounds good. Its a spiral outter with a straight through center.
                  Link? Need something for the neon, was seriously considering straight pipe out the side, then decided to not be retarded.

Comment

Comment

Had that on my mega cab for a few weeks before I traded it, sounded awesome, killed all the drone from the 5" straight pipe and still sounded good!

check out cumminsforum for discounts on the FTE resonators(coupon codes)

Quick video I had with the 5" FTE resonator(short case, 12" IIRC)
                      Only thing on the exhaust, straight 5" to the resonator.
                      http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=IMG_0041.mp4
                      Last edited by Pooter; 07-12-2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Had that on my mega cab for a few weeks before I traded it, sounded awesome, killed all the drone from the 5" straight pipe and still sounded good!

check out cumminsforum for discounts on the FTE resonators(coupon codes)

Quick video I had with the 5" FTE resonator(short case, 12" IIRC)
                        Only thing on the exhaust, straight 5" to the resonator.
                        http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=IMG_0041.mp4
                        I'm going to put one on mine soon, Jason put iot on his and it is perfect!

Comment

I'm going to put one on mine soon, Jason put iot on his and it is perfect!
                          Oh yeah, I highly recommend it on straight pipe trucks, I just cant do the nasty raspy tone of a straight pipe, maybe im too old, I like it loud(but when I chose so/get on it) FUCK drone!

You go with the longer or shorter case?

Comment

Oh yeah, I highly recommend it on straight pipe trucks, I just cant do the nasty raspy tone of a straight pipe, maybe im too old, I like it loud(but when I chose so/get on it) FUCK drone!

You go with the longer or shorter case?
                            You pussed out to a gasser, STFU!

Comment

You pussed out to a gasser, STFU!
                              And the payment is GRRRREAAAAAT

Comment

Working...
                              X