Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox + cobra brakes + skinnies no worky....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Weld as in Greg Weld Motorsports... I believe it went bankrupt or something. I think the guy died in '08 or something.... I honestly don't know the whole story, but there's a difference between Weld Racing products and Greg Weld Motorsports products... I accept your apology....

Comment

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Weld I accept your apology.

Comment

Agreed that he founded Weld Racing. Sold it in '06. Opened Greg Weld Motorsports after that. Died in '08. Company went bankrupt after his death.... apology accepted.

Comment

CCW 16" Drag Pack clears my Baer 13" front and 12" rear brakes. They are not inexpensive either though.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
            Agreed that he founded Weld Racing. Sold it in '06. Opened Greg Weld Motorsports after that. Died in '08. Company went bankrupt after his death.... apology accepted.
            Then why didn't you agree with me in the first place? You could have said "same greg weld, different company."

Oh, they apparently are still making them, or Summit has some left in stock.

Comment

No worries... I've always heard the Welds from Weld Racing called Welds and the others called Greg Welds. They used to have some 5-spoke ones that looked pretty cool, but they sold out. Weld racing never made any like that. I saw those you posted on Summit that look kinda like a draglite.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                CCW 16" Drag Pack clears my Baer 13" front and 12" rear brakes. They are not inexpensive either though.
                And the car looks SICK!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                  No worries... I've always heard the Welds from Weld Racing called Welds and the others called Greg Welds. They used to have some 5-spoke ones that looked pretty cool, but they sold out. Weld racing never made any like that. I saw those you posted on Summit that look kinda like a draglite.
                  In doing research, Greg contracted with Alcoa aluminum to make some truck wheels and Boyd Coddington on his automotive line, not sure the extent of Boyd and Greg's business involvement, but they had some kind of deal. Greg did "remake" the prostar after selling Weld Wheels that were lighter, and stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    Space saver spares? Ghetto style!
                    love it

Comment

Originally posted by butt86 View Post
                      here is what i thought would make a good front runner, however never managed to find a project that needed it, im not sure however how the offset would place the wheel (+44)

GTO spares?

Comment

Check the centerline wheels overstock center - they have some 17 x 4s at not too bad of prices:

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                          GTO spares?
                          close but no potato.. cadillac spares gto spares are the wrong bolt pattern.

Comment

Wouldn't the new 17" Race Stars work?

M&H makes a 185/55-17 tire for it too -

Comment

350z and g35 spares work as well

Comment

I've got a cobra spare I'll let go for $80.
                                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                                X