Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox + cobra brakes + skinnies no worky....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox + cobra brakes + skinnies no worky....

Is there any combination of parts that will allow a fox with cobra brakes to run any kind of frontrunner skinny at the track? Too much spacer causes fender interference, not enough hits the caliper. I've heard of maybe some 17" skinnies that might work, but am thinking they're discontinued or something. Just curious if this applies to anyone that has a solution.

Space saver spares? Ghetto style!

Comment

I've heard of people putting a real tire on a spacesaver. However, the ones that sell on Ebay, etc. that will clear the cobra brakes are $100+ and obviously ugly as shit... lol. Possibly a solution though....

Comment

Doug - I say get two '94-'04 Cobra spares and put tires on them. I did this on my old '97 GT. I don't think they look bad if you find a clean pair. I have a Cobra spare for my '92 LX Hatch since it is 5 lug with Baer brakes. It fits perfect in the factory spare location.

Marcus
        '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

2 cobra spares and a can of chrome spray paint and you are good!!!!!!!!

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

buy two 17x9 and cut them down to 17x6..

Comment

im selling my 17x9 and 17x10.5 03 cobra repicas. for real this time!

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

NO spacers here. 4" wide front runner.

Comment

I put some 18" Saleens on it a while back, but I'm thinking of picking up some 15's for the back and want some kind of front runner to take the weight outta this pig! LOL!

Comment

Most places want a pretty penny for width mods.. probably in the $200 per rim plus the cost of the 2 wheels.... could get pretty expensive quickly....

Originally posted by fomocosun View Post
                    buy two 17x9 and cut them down to 17x6..

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post

gangster.

I ran 1" bolt on spacers on my 03 cobra.

Comment

Did you have them modified? $?

Originally posted by homealone View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                          I put some 18" Saleens on it a while back, but I'm thinking of picking up some 15's for the back and want some kind of front runner to take the weight outta this pig! LOL!
                          Only thing I see wrong with that, is changing out the rims whne you go to the track.....it's a PIA. So now, I roll on thick and thins and have one set of rear wheels with slicks that I slap on at the track.
                          Am I lazy ? probably......
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I go to the track maybe 2-3 times a year, so it's not a big deal. I used to run 17" DR's all the time and put my skinnies on to go to the track. They don't really make an 18" DR that I like, and that is the correct height for my app. Plus, they probably wouldn't hook.

Comment

here is what i thought would make a good front runner, however never managed to find a project that needed it, im not sure however how the offset would place the wheel (+44)

Comment

Working...
                              X