Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SN95 with 28x11.5-15LT ET Streets...springs/wheels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN95 with 28x11.5-15LT ET Streets...springs/wheels??

Currently...
    Slammed
    No name spring kit
    Stock shocks
    315/35-17

Need to go to
    28x11.5-15LT ET Street
    ???wheels
    ???springs

If there is a cheap decent looking black wheel option all the better. Only need the rear wheel. As for springs just want something that will keep the car off of the tire.

Thanks for any suggestions
    '95 GT
    I fucked the Olsen twins before they were famous.

Before you go worrying about wheels, you need to get a camber kit and some good shocks. I've been recommended bilstein's and tokico HP's. If that list you gave is completely accurate. How low is "slammed" anyway? I wouldn't consider it to be slammed unless it was lowered 2" or more. In which case I think you also need some steeda X2 balljoints as well, and a couple other things. Maybe someone else here can help me out with what all else is required to lower a car without tearing it the hell up. Unless you have all that done, don't even bother wasting your money on wheels and tires yet.

Comment

Well I do not remember just how much it is dropped. Maybe 1.5 front 2 rear. Pretty low. I did it so that it would look neato. It is a kit that gearheads sells or used to years ago. I did not say anything about the front suspension because it did not seem important. Just talking about the ass end. The rear needs shocks either way. I think one is locked up. I will throw some in when I do the springs. The tires I have because they were given to me by a friend who went down to a 26 inch ET Street. I am running a converter, a 4.10 and a 2.4 first gear so a tall tire wont hurt me.

I am thinking that for now some stock replacement shocks, stock rear springs (V6 springs maybe? Are they softer?) and some V6 wheels. Was going to buy some higher end stuff but I think I might just do it with junk for now.

Sound about right?

Thanks,
      RC
      '95 GT

Comment

No junk. I can see from what you're saying that you need to do what I recently had to do. Replace all four shocks. Your car is lowered, and there is no getting out of it. You MUST replace all four shocks cause I know for a fact that if your car has been lowered that long, the stock ones are completely shot. They were never designed for lowering. You can get a full set of Tokico HP's for your car for $330 shipped. Or if you have the cash, you can get a set of bilstein's for $550. That is what I went with cause I'm sick of my crappy ride quality in that car.

But I've talked to experienced people that have said that the Tokico HP shocks/struts are very good shocks for lowered cars. I've been where you are, about 8 years ago. Trust me man, do it right or you'll regret it. Get the shocks and camber plates first, then worry about what it looks like. There may be a couple other parts you need as well, I'm still hoping someone else will chime in with what all is required to lower a car properly. It depends on how much you lower it, as to what all you need. It sounds like your car is probably going to need most of the proper parts cause its lowered more.

Comment

The front end is fine, it has MM CC plates and spacers so that the shocks go up and are not over compressed. Shocks have like 300 miles on them and I never drove them before I did the CC plates. I just need to set the ass end up quickly and relatively cheap. I have a score to settle and the Nittos that are on it now are not up to the task. As far as regretting it later... eh. Ripping it apart again doesn't take to long.

Any idea if the V6 springs are softer?
          '95 GT

Comment

Working...
          X