Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highest quality non-synthetic power steering fluid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest quality non-synthetic power steering fluid?

Which is the best non-synthetic power steering fluid? Right now I'm using the cheapest stuff you can buy, but I'm about to go through and replace all my fluids. Getting time to do all that stuff. But I don't want to use a full synthetic, cause my power steering pump threw a fit about it last time I tried. It got extremely loud and I was worried that it was going to break. Then as soon as I drained it and put the el-cheapo Oreilly's brand back in, it got quiet again. So which one is the best of the non synthetics?

Probably all pretty much the same. If O'rielly's brand is working good, why change.
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Atf?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
        Atf?
        +1. ATF and call it a day.

Comment

Doesn't ATF have detergents in it and can foam up?

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
            Probably all pretty much the same. If O'rielly's brand is working good, why change.
            Good point. I was just going to do a fluid change so I thought I'd find out if there is some kind of recognized "best".

Off topic, but does anyone find it odd that my pump threw a fit about the royal purple full synthetic fluid? It was so loud that I'm pretty sure it was going to destroy the pump. Yet Royal Purple claims that their fluid should work just fine for this application. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Doesn't ATF have detergents in it and can foam up?
              Most Ford PS pumps require ATF.

People ignore that and put regular PS fluid in it and that is why you hear so many Ford pumps whine.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                Most Ford PS pumps require ATF.

People ignore that and put regular PS fluid in it and that is why you hear so many Ford pumps whine.
                Did not know this, thanks!

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                Good point. I was just going to do a fluid change so I thought I'd find out if there is some kind of recognized "best".
                I guess there is, ATF. :
                2 Chronicles 7:14
                If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

application??? if its a ford yes you must use ATF mercon/dexron 3. some newer fords require merc v in P/S system.

High quality...wtf its trans fluid and if its non-synthetic they are all the same. I guaruntee ford gets the cheapest shit they can find and it lasts for ever with out problem. (KISS) stop over analyzing everything.
                  89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Haha I've never seen anyone else use the term keep it simple stupid In a while.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                    X