Electrical issue -focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical issue -focus

Let me know if you have any ideas on this.
    Driving my svt focus today and the idle starts sticking at drive rpm. Ie, if I'm at 4k rpm and slow down in neutral it stays at 4k before finally coming down. Stop for a bit (3hrs) get back in and the battery light comes on. Goes off as driving but comes back at idle. ??

He battery is maybe 8 months old. Headlights don't dim at all, all accessories are working, starts fine also.

I don't have an answer or know where you're located, but I do have an obdII scanner that you're more than welcome to use and hopefully find out the what's going on.
    I know some O'Rielly's rent them as well with a refundable deposit. Did that on my mom's Expedition since she live's out of state.
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

I'd start at the easiest/cheapest Sean, check/clean the IAC valve. That shouldn't cause the battery light to come on though, but perhaps a bad ground is causing both?

On a side note, get a man's car. Having an SVT Focus only says that you fought your wife just enough for some dignity.

Comment

I made the call dick. 90 mile commute and a 4x4 v8 jeep that got shiity mileage wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I hate electrical issues, my kryptonite.

Comment

Alternator it is :/

Comment

Glad it was an easy fix. Took me months to track down the electrical problem on the 88. Which ended up being the neg. terminal and wire coming apart. Most expensive terminal ever.
            Last edited by Up0n0ne; 07-09-2011, 02:23 PM.
            2 Chronicles 7:14
            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Easy find, not fix.

Comment

Most of the time when the battery light comes on, the alt has taken a dump.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Any thoughts on the rpm hanging?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Any thoughts on the rpm hanging?
                    When voltage drops too low the car will do funny things.

Comment

Apparently. The bitch just died on me. Abs light came on, gauges and accessories died and so forth. I was close to my sister's place and was able to coast in.

Fuck.

Comment

Alt was bad man, the battery just died.

Replace the alt and charge the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                          Alt was bad man, the battery just died.

Replace the alt and charge the battery.
                          It's a motherfucker. Have to pull the motor mount and raise the engine. All my tools are packed. So i'm trying to figure out how to get this bitch somewhere.

Comment

Have you actually popped the hood yet? Sure it didn't just throw the belt?

Comment

Of course. Belt still there.

Comment

Working...
                              X