Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an A/C shop reuse hose ends to make new hoses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midwest hose supply off regal will modify those hoses for you. They did some for me on a mercury mystique I had.

Comment

Originally posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
      Midwest hose supply off regal will modify those hoses for you. They did some for me on a mercury mystique I had.
      I actually went there on Saturday and showed them what I wanted, the led me to the back of the place, said here is a torch and a saw and here are the fittings. I was like, ummmm, okay. They ended up not having any splices that were the right size and after messing with trying to make a splice for a while and melting it I gave up. I am going to take them somewhere on Wednesday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        I actually went there on Saturday and showed them what I wanted, the led me to the back of the place, said here is a torch and a saw and here are the fittings. I was like, ummmm, okay. They ended up not having any splices that were the right size and after messing with trying to make a splice for a while and melting it I gave up. I am going to take them somewhere on Wednesday morning.
        Great customer service..

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
          Great customer service..
          Ya, at first I was like, "okay, maybe this will mean I get out for cheap and can make sure they are done right", but that quickly turned to, "jesus it is hot, they don't have the right materials, and maybe I am retarded but this solder will not flow into the joint for anything". So I packed up and left.

Comment

remove the ferrules , replace with new ones , add the hose and crimp . not much to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
              remove the ferrules , replace with new ones , add the hose and crimp . not much to it.
              Only problem is now that is not an option since I already cut some of the lines

Comment

The problem with cutting the old crimp or "bullet" off and adding a new bullet or hose clamp, is that the bullets are physically mated to the fitting during the build process. The barbs on that style fitting are basically non existent. I have crimped new bullets on like everyone is saying, but on the high pressure side there is a good chance that the bullet and hose will get pushed off. I know one of our local shops, that builds custom hoses, will cut the hose end with the barb off and weld a new end to the aluminum that allows them to properly connect the new hose to.

Comment

Working...
                X