351C4V head questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homealone View Post
    I think I need to start working on the Cleveland style headed Windsor I have sitting next to my 69 Fastback. :wink1:

Google Aussie heads. There is a company out of Seattle importing them from Australia. Really cheap too. And what's better is that you can get a closed chamber 2V version. Best of both worlds. The 4V heads are cool and all but don't wake up until about 4500 rpm.

They make adapter plates starting around $120.
    I picked up some heads the other day and the pistons. I'm gonna do 302 rods, 302 crank, 302 block, boss 302 pistons. Heads are 4v open chamber small valves.

I'm waiting on comp cams to come back with some sort of cam grind to wind this contraption up.

Now to save up some cash to get the heads refreshed and the block decked, bored (.030 for the pistons) and all the other crap. I hate machine work.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
      I picked up some heads the other day and the pistons. I'm gonna do 302 rods, 302 crank, 302 block, boss 302 pistons. Heads are 4v open chamber small valves.

I'm waiting on comp cams to come back with some sort of cam grind to wind this contraption up.

Now to save up some cash to get the heads refreshed and the block decked, bored (.030 for the pistons) and all the other crap. I hate machine work.
      One of the heads wound up being cracked! aint that a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
        One of the heads wound up being cracked! aint that a bummer.
        Just get another one, they are a dime a dozen because noone wants a 4v open chamber cleveland head. If you have aborted the build, thats a good thing.

Comment

The hot ticket back in the day on Boss/4V Cleavland heads was to fill the ports with Devcon epoxy and re-port them! Low speed flow sank to nothing as the ports were to LARGE and open chambers like to detonate too.

I saw a dyno report showing a Boss 302 with 2 4V inline Autolites cranking out 650 HP at
          13,000 R.P.M.

You might rethink your set-up and head selection.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
            The hot ticket back in the day on Boss/4V Cleavland heads was to fill the ports with Devcon epoxy and re-port them! Low speed flow sank to nothing as the ports were to LARGE and open chambers like to detonate too.

I saw a dyno report showing a Boss 302 with 2 4V inline Autolites cranking out 650 HP at
            13,000 R.P.M.

You might rethink your set-up and head selection.
            I see you post the same thing on the corral. You got anymore details to the setup other than it was in an oldass issue of hotrod?

Comment

chi and edlebrock make intakes for the clevor.

Comment

Originally posted by AMJ View Post
                chi and edlebrock make intakes for the clevor.
                And TFS makes the heads you would want to use .
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                  And TFS makes the heads you would want to use .
                  yes,hell if your gonna spend money in heads buy a set of chi heads.

Comment

Working...
                  X