No announcement yet.

Dropping a 4.6 DOHC in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering shaft goes on easy, it just needs to move out of the way to clear the header. Just leave stuff loose and when you get the motor about all the way in and lined up, bolt up the steering shaft.

Also there should be a ground wire on the driver's side that needs to be connected. It bolts to a stud on the motor mount. Easier to do while the motor is still up a little ways.

If you're using a leveler, there shouldn't be an problem getting the motor angled down enough to get it in. I was just using a chain wrapped under the intake manifold and I never had any problems with it not clearing the K- member.

No need to add an extra couple hours of work, plus having to get the car re-aligned
    --Marcus

Comment

Another thing, I took the car off the jackstands and just had it on a couple of boards, just enough to get the engine hoist to roll under the car.

Also helped to take the front bumper cover off so the hoist wouldn't scratch it all up.

I'm assuming the hood is already off? If not take it off to get plenty of room up top.
      --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
        Steering shaft goes on easy, it just needs to move out of the way to clear the header. Just leave stuff loose and when you get the motor about all the way in and lined up, bolt up the steering shaft.

Also there should be a ground wire on the driver's side that needs to be connected. It bolts to a stud on the motor mount. Easier to do while the motor is still up a little ways.

If you're using a leveler, there shouldn't be an problem getting the motor angled down enough to get it in. I was just using a chain wrapped under the intake manifold and I never had any problems with it not clearing the K- member.

No need to add an extra couple hours of work, plus having to get the car re-aligned
        I tried for an hour to get the clearance that I needed, my drivers side header was getting caught and the passenger side too. I tried everything. I have never looked at a cobra K member, but it might be slightly different than the GT K member.

Comment

How much differant are those k members then the 03 k member?

Anyone know?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post

Thanks for the info ... We will see how it goes this evening

Comment

All of the K members should be the same as far as I know
              --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                How much differant are those k members then the 03 k member?

Anyone know?
                There the fucking same.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                  There the fucking same.
                  They're

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    They're
                    Thats cool you're worried about grammer on a mustang site. Cause you dont know shit about mustangs or how to work on them.

Comment

Picking fights
                      1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Thats cool you're worried about grammer on a mustang site. Cause you dont know shit about mustangs or how to work on them.

You ever got a zj "bro" ?

Comment

ive dropped in a motor with the trans and longtubes it was super easy, but i had to fish the steering shaft through the header as i dropped the motor in
                          00 TT gt
                          634 @10psi

04 cobra
                          560whp

Comment

Grammar*

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                              Grammar*
                              stfu.

Comment

Went in like a glove.

Took an hour at the most to drop it in place, didn't have to move the k member, and the headers didn't cause a problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X