Question about 96 302 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 96 302 block

I found a 96 302 block for sale in my area for a ridiculously cheap price and was wondering if there are any differences between this block and the 302 block from the previous ten years? It's bare and I am wanting to build a turbo 331 and just want to know if this is a good place to start

Turbo 331 Out of a stock block?

They're only rated to 500-550hp.

Good luck.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Streetable 331, may add turbo later. Possibly an n/a monster, just want to know if there are any differences between this block and the 86-95 blocks. BTW, don't need any opinions, just answers. I know these blocks aren't as strong as a dart block or an A4

Comment

the blocks are the same. Dont waste your time/money on the 331 stroker kit. just build a 306 and throw the turbo at it. It will make all the power you want until the block splits..

edit: if you want a n/a monster then build a 347 with good heads, cam and intake

Comment

Thanks, but I think I am going to go ahead and build the 331 with all forged internals and run N/A until I finish AMT school. Then I will have enough to buy a dart block and do the turbo'd 331 for the street car and a turbo'd
          408 for my strip car. My buddy owns a machine shop so the machine work is done for free and I can get all the internals at wholesale cost.

Comment

Working...
          X