No announcement yet.

5.0 making tap/ tick sound driver side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure anthony set the valves correctly, I dont recall seeing a RR messed up the last time i saw the motor.If i remember correctly the rockers were procomp brand which doesnt have a good rep as it is, possibly one did mess up without seeing it i couldnt tell you. If i didnt live so far id tell you too bring it over to my house. Did he get the timing fixed for you?
    81 LX
    82 GT

Comment

I would pull the valve covers, run the engine, and take a look/listen myself. Stay with the 1.6 rockers, and while you're in there check all the pushrods for straightness.

ToRqUeTwIsTeR is right on. If you haven't the foggiest idea of the basic functions of basic parts like rocker arms or pushrods, sell it and buy a Honda, or pay someone and wait for them to fix it.

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
      car is a performance car with heads and all but performance shops take forever and i rather steer clear if all possible
      Not going to happen unless you invest some time, gain the knowledge, and turn your own wrenches. You want a terminator? There are a few shops in town full of Cobras that have clueless owners throwing money at them, waiting for them to be fixed, so they can break them again.

Comment

Originally posted by junk racing View Post
        Make sure anthony set the valves correctly, I dont recall seeing a RR messed up the last time i saw the motor.If i remember correctly the rockers were procomp brand which doesnt have a good rep as it is, possibly one did mess up without seeing it i couldnt tell you. If i didnt live so far id tell you too bring it over to my house. Did he get the timing fixed for you?
        he said you did it and of coarse every other thing he says is a lie i guess. there is that and the clutch requires 30,453 lbs per square inch of pressure to press. fml

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          I would pull the valve covers, run the engine, and take a look/listen myself. Stay with the 1.6 rockers, and while you're in there check all the pushrods for straightness.

ToRqUeTwIsTeR is right on. If you haven't the foggiest idea of the basic functions of basic parts like rocker arms or pushrods, sell it and buy a Honda, or pay someone and wait for them to fix it.

Not going to happen unless you invest some time, gain the knowledge, and turn your own wrenches. You want a terminator? There are a few shops in town full of Cobras that have clueless owners throwing money at them, waiting for them to be fixed, so they can break them again.
          yeah i'm not going to do it myself. its more expensive when you try to save a buck do it your self and you fuck it up like i would and then end up paying someone else to do it for you anyway. paying someone is not the deal. leaving the car with a shop for 2 to 3 months is. and i aint selling either of my cars just because i dont turn wrenchs. i dont know dick about electricity either so i should just cut the power off at the house too. matte of fact i dont know carpentry so sell the house too? no logic in any of that, i should be able to pay for a service and if and when i break something cause it happens, just pay for service again. i just dont want to wait for unreasonable amounts of time you know?

Comment

No sir never touched the motor other than bolting the heads and intake on....He lied too you if that was his story, ill pm you
            81 LX
            82 GT

Comment

pm sent buffalohaltom
              81 LX
              82 GT

Comment

We used a set of pro comp rockers and had a big problem with them . The ball on the end of the pushrod got stuck in the cup and snapped off the pushrod . Lots of ticking going on of course . Is the tranny used and did they change the bearing retainer and the clutch cable ?
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

New clutch cable. Dont know about bearing retainer. Tranny is the original one but i am looking for another.

Comment

Tighten the header bolts.lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED95 View Post
                      Tighten the header bolts.lol.
                      gay to drag up this thread and post a lame as comment like that

Comment

Working...
                      X