Belt tensioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt tensioner?

I'm working on my aunts Winstar van and her belt keeps falling off. Everything works well compressor, alt, etc. but the belt keeps falling off. Before I send her off to buy a tensioner, could that be it?
    .....bro....

Very possible, it can come apart and be misaligned and cause the belt to slip off.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
      Very possible, it can come apart and be misaligned and cause the belt to slip off.
      Thats what I'm thinking, I just wanted some other imput
      .....bro....

Comment

I know I'm not that buff but I could pull the tensioner a bit when I pulled on the belt
        .....bro....

Comment

Turn all of the accessories by hand to feel if anything is bad. What shape is the belt in? Being able to pull the belt and move the tensioner is normal. How much deflection in the belt when its mounted?

Comment

Id say the tensioner or idler. Something should be making noise in there.

Comment

I don't Hear anything and everything turns fine. I'll double check again next week. I thought tensioner cause there was a small gap and a lighter color on the tensioner where it appears that the tensioner used to be in....I could be wrong and that could be the way it is colored. Looks similar to a tan line.
              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
              X