08 V6 mustang problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 V6 mustang problem

My brother has a 08 mustang with the 6 cylinder. Something happened and there is a small dent in the catalytic converter. I have not seen the dent so I don't know how small it really is. He took it to the dealer and they are saying the converters are on back order. He is getting trouble codes now P0300, P0301, P0305, P0316. The dealer he took it says the converter is not the cause of these codes but they haven't really looked at it all they did was pull the codes. Can someone find out if the converters are really on backorder? He has been getting the run around since late may.
    Not a black vette.......a silver one

I found out the dent is about 1/4-1/2 deep and 1 1/2 inches long. Is that big enough to void warranty?

Comment

all those codes mean is a misfire... p0301 is misfire cylinder 1 and p0305 is cylinder 5

Comment

Yea I figured that out, I also saw that possible causes is cat

Comment

I am pretty sure there is a TSB and its reflash for those codes

Comment

First of all erase codes and then run it and see whats active.

Comment

Now we find out if we replace the converter with a aftermarket it will void the warranty, but we cant get one from ford until mid july.

Comment

I don't see how a cat will cause a Mis fire. Because they have nothing tondo with compression, fuel or ignition. They break down HC Co2 and NOX molecules, and a dent shouldn't effect it's effeincy. You do not have a p0420 or p0430.

I'd suspect the dealer trying to pull a fast one on you.

Clear the codes and see what happens.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

We know there is a problem with the cat, the misfire may be from something else but as I said the cat has some damage on it and is rattling.

Comment

They can't void your entire warranty. They will void your cat converter warranty though.

Comment

Turn your key to where the radio & everything comes on.

Disconnect your negative side on the Battery & let it sit for 20 mins

Should reset the computer. Might fix it. Might not. But should clear the codes & you might get lucky & they dont pop up again.

Just a quick idea for no money invested. I have a 2006 Mustang as my daily driver & it has worked for me before with codes. Now I have a SCT Plug & Play to clear my codes.

I would invest in a Tune & Cold Air. Just the handheld tuner make a huge difference in power & clearing codes. $500 for a package deal through JPC Racing
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

p0300 random miss
                        p0301 cyl 1 miss
                        p0305 cyl 5 miss
                        p0316 mis detected on start up (first 100rpm)
                        no tsbs for a reflash or anything. its prob a coil or some wires
                        ford will not warrenty cat if there is any external dammage. but cats wont cause a miss and wont effect the rest of your warrenty

Comment

Well we took it to OrangeChevyII muffler shop and has the cat replaced. He cleared the codes while he was there and has not had a problem since.
                          Thanks again Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X