spark plug help... couple ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug help... couple ?'s

i was an idiot and failed myself. i failed to remember that when buying new spark plugs,, i have to buy them differently than stock ones because i have trick flow twisted wedge heads. the plugs i pulled out were autolite 3924 and the plugs i bought new were NGK UR45 and yea, realized REAL quick that them short stubby lil bastards werent gonna work lol. so my question(s) is/are,,, what NGK plug cross references to the autolite 3924 plug? and also a buddy of mine tells me that has a 393 boosted fox that he gaps his at .030 and recommends that i gap mine at .032 ish since im not running as much boost as he is. sidenote, his car, fucking SCARY. i will never ride in it again lol. the feeling could relate to being shot in the chest by a 12 ga. buckshot load and someone pushing the skin back on my face and forcing all my blood anywhere but up front lol. he put an assload of money into his, built it all himself too its an amazing car, i'll get pics of it
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Great reference site.

Comment

Bcpr5e-11

Comment

Why are you going from Auto-lites to NGKs ?

And your buddies car sounds slow.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
          Www.sparkplugs.com

Great reference site.
          agreed. They will cross reference any plug and give you suggestions for all brands.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Ngk tr6 and gap at .030 to .032
            89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
              Ngk tr6 and gap at .030 to .032
              I would only run that plug NA. Its a projected tip and not recommended for a power adder app

Comment

I agree but so is a 3924 or 23 and they will be fine for a small blower like that.
                89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Working...
                X