Cut springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    "Doing it right" would be to stop acting like a Fox body will ever handle worth a shit and replace it with a C5.
    Yeah, fuck hotrodding. Just buy some new junk that is faster and handles better.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
      Yeah, fuck hotrodding. Just buy some new junk that is faster and handles better.
      You're telling THAT to ME?!? LOL!!

I believe you completely missed the point. I was just telling him to be realistic about what he's going to wind up with.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

You're telling THAT to ME?!? LOL!!

I believe you completely missed the point. I was just telling him to be realistic about what he's going to wind up with.
        This. Cutting coils off 17 year old daily driver springs will most likely make it ride like a mop bucket, if it doesn't already.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Man. Lot of different opinions here, regarding this. Maybe I will just buy a set of 1" lowering springs. Then when I'm in a better situation financially, buy the 2" springs and everything else needed to lower the car that much. Cause I'm thinking that I don't need anything but the springs if I only drop the car a mere 1". But that takes me right back to cutting the stock ones. If there isn't really that much of a change in ride quality or handling, why waste money on buying a set of 1" lowering springs when I can just cut the stock ones? All things considered...
          Last edited by SMEGMA STENCH; 06-08-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I've heard horror stories about spring compressors failing. It's not needed on these cars, as mentioned previously. I've had mustangs with a coil cut out & mustangs with Eibachs, mustangs with FMS B Springs (the blue ones)... couldn't tell the difference one from the next.
            Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

cut half a coil at a time. i cut mine half a coil. rides good. but i also have LCA and shocks and struts.
              1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

cut them i bought some eibac springs for my hatch and it wasnt low enough, they wouldnt return cuz they had been installed so i cut them, everything was fine and i was happy for a long time, like 46tbird said dont heat them

Comment

"Doing it right" would be to stop acting like a Fox body will ever handle worth a shit and replace it with a C5.
                  Hey, it can be done. It just takes a lot of parts and money.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Cut them bitches!

I cut my springs. In fact I got an extra set of stock rear springs already cut if your interested. Don't listen to these dudes. If you only cut one coil off everything will be fine. Just a word of advice though. One whole coil might be too much for the rear.

I'll help your broke ass do it for $60 bucks. I got all the tools and Ive done it before

Comment

Working...
                    X