Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leakdown test was good, injectors don't seem to be leaking, any idea's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leakdown test was good, injectors don't seem to be leaking, any idea's?

So I did the leakdown, all cylinders were very close. Pulled the fuel rail, doesn't seem to be leaking at all. For those who didn't read the other thread, 97 cobra, started missing under accel, pulled plugs and one came out dripping. The plug well was dry (not a valve cover plug seal problem).

So my plan is to put new plugs in it, new wires, new pcv valve, and see how she runs. It does bother me to not know what the fluid could possibly be. Only idea I have is that the fluid was a whole bunch of unburnt fuel that built up in the cylinder after the plug fouled or possibly I have a bad coil pack. The fluid colored like oil but much thinner. Was only in the front most passenger cylinder, and the lower intake had some oil puddled up presumably from the crappy Fram PCV valve.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    So I did the leakdown, all cylinders were very close. Pulled the fuel rail, doesn't seem to be leaking at all. For those who didn't read the other thread, 97 cobra, started missing under accel, pulled plugs and one came out dripping. The plug well was dry (not a valve cover plug seal problem).

So my plan is to put new plugs in it, new wires, new pcv valve, and see how she runs. It does bother me to not know what the fluid could possibly be. Only idea I have is that the fluid was a whole bunch of unburnt fuel that built up in the cylinder after the plug fouled or possibly I have a bad coil pack. The fluid colored like oil but much thinner. Was only in the front most passenger cylinder, and the lower intake had some oil puddled up presumably from the crappy Fram PCV valve.

Any ideas?
    Bad plug, bad wire or coil pack.

Comment

Working...
    X