radiator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator help

Ok I know its hot outside but what is a normal operating water temp. Mine gets to about 210-220ish. Is that ok. If not does anyone want to trade me a aluminum fox body radiator for a 5.5hp lawn mower engine it runs great bought for a project but sold it and don't need anymore. Pm me thanks

So no one can help. I just need to know if I should try changing my thermostat or radiator

Comment

That is an incredibly normal operating temp for most cars.

Comment

Not sure what kind of Mustang you have (or what's been done to it) but the answer is "it depends". Computer controlled cars run warmer by design (need the heat for the oxygen sensors to work correct. My 82 GT runs a little over 200 with a 160 Thermostat, 3 core radiator, and Black Magic fan but I'm usually just cruising around town so there is quite a bit of heat from tranny cooler in front of the radiator ( I have a 3500 stall convertor).

Comment

It is a 86 with a 302 b303 cam. Hei dizzy. Just making sure. It seems like it slowly gets hotter as it sits. Idk. Might just be me.

Comment

If you're still running a stock fan or happen to have underdrive pullies with a stocker, then it will creep up a little as it sits.

Comment

It also just hit me that you are no longer fuel injected.

You need to see what thermostat you are running.

Comment

K I will check that. I think it maybe going bad anyways. I running a electric fan. Till I can find a stock fan shroud and fan and stuff.

Comment

Put a 160 tstat, flush your coolant system, and make sure your fan can flow enough air.. Might not have enough air flow across the fins..

Comment

I was thinking that too. This is the first time it has been out in this heat. It did fine in the cooler weather. That's why I want to go to a fan clutch style fan. That and the electric fan uses a lot of juice.

Comment

Ok well got the stat out. It had a 160 in it. Wouldn't it be better to put a 180 to keep it cooler

Comment

Ok put a 180 in. Seems to help a lil. Still think I would be better with a fan clutch assembly or aluminum radiator

Comment

Working...
                        X