Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension Guru's Need Your Help, Front Is Wobbly w/ New Front Shcoks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Guru's Need Your Help, Front Is Wobbly w/ New Front Shcoks.

I have a 3/5 drop kit on my 2wd F250 and the front dream beams keeps the specs of the the front the same, like spindles, so I can use factory hieght shocks, supposedly.
    Well the kit came with Toxic shocks, rode fine but didn't seem stiff enough for my liking and thought they were needing replaced.
    So I try Motorcraft, instantly they felt loose, like blown out or something. Then I tryed to tow, I had to get off on the first exit the steering wheel wobbled so bad.

So I put the Toxics back, drove fine, no head shake or wobble.

Got in touch with another guy that has a lowered f250, he recommended for the front KYB Monomax shocks.

So install these and although not as bad, the wobble is back and it's driving me banana's.

Why or what is causing this and what can I do to solve this. I'm really don't want to keep on changing shocks, trial and error, not to mention the money.

I really appreciate it.
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Is the travel of the shock the same on all the shocks?

Comment

I know the fronts measure the same, not sure on travel though.
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

They measure the same as in what?

Comment

Sorry, the length from each mounting point. When I pulled the Toxic shocks off I layed them side by side the kyb monomax and they were the same.
          How do you measure the travel?

Comment

Well, the nominal operating area will be a little shorter than the difference of fully extended and fully compressed.

If they are the same extended and compressed, then they should have similar travels.

Comment

Thanks, I'm going to have to pull one off and see.

Comment

Working...
              X