Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good reliable beaters? (something under $3k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude just look for a single cam 5 speed civic. Runs forever on a tank of gas reliable as hell and hold value well. I picked a 99 for $2600 and everything works cruise and all. Buddy at work found a 2000 model for 2k and his insurance has cut him two 3k checks for hail damage in the past couple years lol. Then it got stolen and the gave him $ 4100 to replace it.
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark04 View Post
      Mid 90's Saturns believe it or not. I see many on the road and my niece has one that she has severely neglected and it still starts up everyday. Those engines had timing chains instead of belts and seem to run forever.
      Yep, just avoid the ones with the DOHC engines until 1999. The early ones always spin bearings. The SOHC is fine. My 95 SL2 5 speed with an 02 DOHC engine in it got 38MPG highway and 27 city. My 96 SL1 auto gets 32.5 highway and 25 city.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
        Jeep Cherokee.
        What kind of mileage would one expect to get with a stock 4.0 cherokee?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          What kind of mileage would one expect to get with a stock 4.0 cherokee?
          Around 17-18 city and 22-26 highway

At least thats my experience.

Comment

Any Honda with a 4 banger and 5 speed manual.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
              Dude just look for a single cam 5 speed civic. Runs forever on a tank of gas reliable as hell and hold value well. I picked a 99 for $2600 and everything works cruise and all. Buddy at work found a 2000 model for 2k and his insurance has cut him two 3k checks for hail damage in the past couple years lol. Then it got stolen and the gave him $ 4100 to replace it.
              XFUCKING2

cant go wrong with a honda civic...

<==== Owns a 98 with almost 300k

Comment

Working...
              X